Client Server Engineer
Client Server Engineer
Job Ref: 2283-1
Wilson, North Carolina
*W2 Candidates Only.
Our client is one of the largest Fortune 500 financial services holding companies in the US providing clients with banking, insurance, and other financial solutions. They are now looking for two Client Server Engineers to join their team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate and high caliber Client Server Engineer with solid experience with distributed systems, advanced knowledge with mainframe/client server systems, and proficiency in the development of systems and program interfaces to take on a new challenge with a leading financial company.
Working within our client's Wilson office, you'll join a pleasant and productive work environment with a diverse workforce that can help you learn, grow, and be fulfilled in your work.
As a Client Server Engineer under moderate supervision, you will be responsible for participating as a highly skilled member on a team of IT Client Server Engineers, assisting in the designing, planning, testing and implementation phases of Client Server projects as assigned by Client Server Management.
You will also take a primary or secondary role in installing, configuring, troubleshooting, testing and documenting Client Server systems and software in a laboratory environment.
You will assist in efforts related to the successful implementation of Client Server systems into production while following standards and procedures, assist in implementation of complex medium to large scale enterprise projects, assist in development of innovative improvements. Participate in investigating, evaluating and incorporating best practices based on knowledge of environment, and assist in production support, including problem identification and description, ticket documentation, customer/vendor dialogue and root cause analysis.
In addition, you will also work within existing relationships with key support partners, line of business representatives and vendors.
You will be working 1st shift for this opportunity.
Your essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Under the technical direction of testing management, assisting in the development and implementation of system integration (SIT) and user acceptance (UAT) test plans for the client’s distributed environment.
- Developing and implementing testing scripts to ensure the quality of assigned systems.
- Scope of work includes, but not limited to, SIT and UAT responsibilities for non-standard desktop software requests, standard desktop software upgrade requests, monthly Win7 Desktop OS builds, Server 2012/6 builds, monthly Microsoft Patches, and Win10 Desktop OS builds.
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Participate in efforts related to designing, planning, enhancing, and testing all distributed systems platforms used throughout the enterprise including base-lining current systems, trend analysis, and capacity planning as required for future systems requirements.
- Participate in technical assessment, research, and testing of new technologies as requested using client server design, automation, and scripting best practices and procedures.
- Participate in the analysis of information to determine, recommend, and plan the use of computers and peripheral equipment, or modifications to existing equipment and systems that will provide capability for proposed project or work load, efficient operation and effective use of allotted resources.
- Provide third-level technical support of Client Server systems, providing problem analysis and resolution in a timely manner.
- Participate in all areas of technology management, systems development or systems implementation as assigned.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent education and related training
- 3 years of related experience with distributed systems in Information Technology
- A grounded understanding of applied enterprise computing technology
- Advanced knowledge of data flow, mainframe/client server systems, problem analysis, and systems tuning. Adept with network interfaces and technologies
- Proficient in multiple programming/script languages with proficiency in development of systems and program interfaces
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office products
- Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office products
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
To apply for the role of Client Server Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
Additional Keywords: Client Server Engineer, Senior Client Server Engineer, Sr. Client Server Engineer, Client/Server Engineer, Senior Client/Server Engineer, Sr. Client/Server Engineer, Client Engineer, Senior Client Engineer, Sr. Client Engineer, Server Engineer, Senior Server Engineer, Sr. Server Engineer, Systems Engineer, Senior Systems Engineer, Sr. Systems Engineer, Desktop Support, System Integration, User Acceptance Testing, Distributed Systems, Client Server