This position has access to and knowledge of extremely sensitive, private and confidential materials. Ability to maintain the highest standard is required with zero tolerance.
All the primary duties within this document will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the department and the Medical Center.
The Professional Registered Nurse/RN works under the direction of the Director, Manager or Designated Leader.The RN functions under that ANA Standards of Performance and adheres to the guidelines of the NCBON. The RN has responsibility and accountability for the provision of patient care. The RN communicates and coordinates the patient's care in an interdisciplinary model. The RN manages and delivers patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The RN applies critical thinking skills to resolve problems. The RN provides care based on established standards of care and expectations. See www.ncbon.com & www.nursingworld.org.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- The RN performs nursing assessments to gather data and identify the patient's needs for this episode of care per ANA standards and NCBON.
- The RN coordinates and communicates patient care needs for discharge planning in interdisciplinary care conferences and with members of the health care team.
- The RN develops and implements an individualized plan of nursing care with the patient and family that will address the patient's and family's identified needs and concerns.
- The RN collaborates with physicians and other health team members in coordinating the plan of care and facilitating patient outcomes.
- The RN implements and evaluates the patient's response to care through assessment and reassessment and updates the plan of care.
- The RN provides care based on established standards of practice, policies and protocols.
- The RN ensures that patients are admitted, transferred and discharged in a timely and efficient manner.
- The RN demonstrates leadership by providing information as a resource nurse, mentor and coach and delegator of nursing care activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, either through an ADN, Diploma or BSN program required.
Licensure/Certifications: Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of North Carolina. American Heart Association BLS.Some departments have additional advanced CPR requirements as listed on staff annual? ducation record. Must maintain the annual required CEU's as defined by NCBON. Additional hours may be required by the unit /dept.Experience: Experience preferred.