Provides safe and dependable flight service to the employees and guests of Live Oak Bank, transporting them to and from specific destinations. Complies with FAA and insurance required training and continuing education requirements to remain qualified to fly aircraft owned or leased by the Bank. Complies with Live Oak Banking Company policies and procedures and FAA regulations. Communicates feedback concerning the efficiency and maintenance needs of the aircraft. Provides assistance with aircraft cleaning and customer relations. Provides quality customer service to employees and guests.
- Acts as Pilot-in-Command of Company owned/operated aircraft, in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations Part 91, specifically 91.3 (a).
- As a member of the flight crew for Live Oak Bank, provides safe and efficient air transportation for management, staff and guests of the Bank.
- Stays abreast of all safety processes, procedures and requirements of the Bank and the FAA.
- Utilizes computer programs to check weather and flight plans. Ensures pre-flight processes and procedures are followed accurately, consistently and efficiently.
- While flying, monitors aircraft systems and communicates with air traffic controllers.
- Attends training and continuing education classes to remain qualified, certified and licensed to operate and fly appropriate aircraft for the Bank.
- Follows specific processes and procedures in preparation for each flight. Completes appropriate checklists and forms as necessary.
- Is available to work every day of the year, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and approved vacation/PTO days excepted. Is available to travel for several days during trips required by the Bank.
- Has responsibility for following regulatory requirements including those pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), and OFAC to assist in the identification, detection and determent of money laundering or other unlawful activities.
- Functions as a team and realizes all members of the team are vital to its success.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be trained and have the ability to successfully fly Company owned and operated aircraft.
- Must have the ability to learn the specifics of the aircraft and how the flight department will enhance the profitability of the Bank.
- Proficiency with aviation-related software, PC programs and the iPad is required.
- Must be trained and up-to-date with CPR strategies.
- Leadership skills are required.
- The ability to respond to stress and think quickly is essential.
- Successful aviation training is required. Must be certified and licensed to fly various types of aircraft.
- For jet aircraft, must hold a valid Airline Transport Pilot certificate from the FAA. For all other aircraft, must hold a valid Commercial Pilot certificate from the FAA.
- Must have knowledge of flight safety, maintenance requirements, aircraft equipment and repair needs.
- A minimum of five years experience as an employed professional pilot is required. Must have several years experience flying aircraft that corresponds to the needs of the Bank and meets insurance minimums for total flight time.
- Previous experience flying aircraft types owned/operated by the Company is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have the ability to fly an aircraft and maintain a second class FAA medical for domestic operations, or a first class FAA medical for international operations
- Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Able to sit, stand, stoop, bend and lift passenger luggage
- The ability to work the days and hours required to fulfill the essential functions of the position
- Learning, thinking, concentration, superior judgement
- The ability to interact with others and exercise self-control
- The ability to work under stressful conditions, particularly in emergency situations
- The ability to make decisions and exercise discretion, when necessary
- Must be able to commit to a decision, even when it means cancelling a flight for safety reasons