This position has access to and knowledge of extremely sensitive, private and confidential materials. Ability to maintain the highest standard is required with zero tolerance.
All the primary duties within this document will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the department and the Medical Center.
The Phlebotomy Technician II works under the supervision of the Customer Service Manager. The Phlebotomy Technician II is responsible for invasive procedures and techniques involved in the collection of blood specimens from patients for laboratory use in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. The Phlebotomy Technician II serves as a primary link for the laboratory and interacts with physicians, guests, patients, family members, and other Medical Center staff to obtain or clarify information for laboratory records, explain procedures, allay fears and elicit cooperation and collect specimens. Must have excellent customer service skills, prioritization skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks. Must have skills related to teaching, assessing and training of staff and students
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Prepares the patient in a developmentally appropriate manner. Properly identifies the patient, utilize written procedures for the maintenance of positive patient identification.
- Receives, interprets, and processes physician orders, requisitions and patient information. Performs computer duties related to specimen collection and patient care.
- Records appropriate collection and other information related to specimen collection. .
- Prepare, process label and transport patient specimens and samples according to procedure.
- Enter patient information into LIS system. Access patient information in computer system. Perform functions related to releasing laboratory results to authorized individuals. Maintaining patient confidentiality and patient privacy related to related to HIPPA.
- Perform a variety of invasive blood collection procedures. Works with biohazardous specimens, contaminated sharps, blood collection and other medical equipment. Must be familiar with and use standard precautions. Frequently works in different levels of biohazard isolation with a diverse patient population.
- Maintains equipment, supplies, and work area. Assist in ensuring a clean and safe environment and work area, which is functional as well as professional in appearance, safe for patient care, the public and staff. Maintains compliance with standards set by the medical center and all regulatory / accrediting agencies.
- Clean neat and professional in appearance at all times.
- Participates in education programs both within and outside the laboratory to ensure the highest degree of competency within the established scope of patient care. Participates in laboratory and medical center performance improvement and quality assurance programs and initiatives.
- Provides information to other staff as needed. Must be familiar with, be able to use and train Laboratory and non-Laboratory staff in use of on-line manuals and LIS. Assist with training and orientation of students and staff.
- Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Education: High School Graduate or GED equivalent required. Some post high school education preferred.
- Licensure / Certifications: National certification by NCA, ASCP, NHA or other national accrediting agency approved by the Laboratory Customer Service Manager required.
- Experience: Completion of an accredited Phlebotomy program or one-year of Phlebotomy experience required. Experience related to customer service and quality patient care preferred.