Requisition Number: MORTG03401
The Mortgage Loan Processor is responsible for processing Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, NC Housing and VHDA loan files.
As the Mortgage Loan Processor, you may look forward to:
- Obtaining and verifying all data and supporting documentation regarding a customer’s income, assets and liabilities.
- Handling customer calls as needed and following through to obtain any missing information supporting the customer’s application.
- Ensuring coordination and communication between internal and external customers (including Loan Officer, Realtor, Underwriting Department, Appraiser, Attorney, etc.).
- Submitting loans through necessary Automated Underwriting Systems (including DU, LP & GUS) and obtains underwriting findings.
- Recording and documenting all correspondence throughout the file process.
- Monitoring the flow through underwriting and closing to ensure all conditions are met and file is closed on time.
- Reviewing and managing pipeline for accuracy.
- Collecting and recording accurate information in the appropriate fields of Encompass.
- Complying with Banks Policies and Procedures, as well as regulatory compliance.
- Keeping abreast of industry regulations and changes.
- Obeys all applicable federal laws, rules, and regulations relating to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
You are a person that (required skills):
- Has at least 2 years' recent experience processing VA, FHA, Conventional, NC Housing and VHDA loans.
- Has a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Has working knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC, FHA, VA, NC Housing and VHDA underwriting guidelines.
- Has working knowledge of real estate lending criteria, compliance, federal/state regulations.
- Has excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Has strong computer skills and experience with automated underwriting systems.
- Is able to perform in a fast-paced environment typical to Mortgage Banking.
You’ll be better prepared if you have (desired skills):
- Experience with Microsoft Word.
- Experience with Encompass software.
Physically you can anticipate to:
- Express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word via email and verbally
- Exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, use your arms and legs, and sit most of the time
- Have close visual acuity to perform activities such as analyzing data, viewing a computer terminal, reading, and preparing documentation
- Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.