As a global provider of clinical development and laboratory services, focused on operational excellence, we improve health by helping customers deliver life-changing medicines. Patients are always at the heart of our work. This is what drives us to continually reimagine – and reformulate – the future of pharmaceutical product development. Our global staff of 25,000 employee across 46 countries deploy their passion, innovative spirit and an exceptional span and quality of solutions to demonstrate the effectiveness, safety and value of new therapies
About the Department:
Our colleagues in corporate HR strive for excellence in every task, at every moment. We are game changers seeking improvements to processes and more efficient ways of working or adapting to changing financial and industry environments.
About the Position:
We have an excellent opportunity for an Human Resources Business Partner to partner with senior leaders to assist in developing and implementing global talent strategies that drive organizational change. Based in either our Wilmington, NC corporate headquarters or Morrisville, NC office (or within driving distance of either), you will deliver comprehensive human resources programs, initiatives and solutions to increase organizational performance to assigned business groups.
About our Culture, Career Advancement and Benefits:
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and well-being of our employees.
Working with a functionally aligned HRBP team, you will establish credibility and trustworthiness to ensure an effective and collaborative strategic partnership, and provide HR guidance, critical evaluation and fit-for-purpose HR solutions based on operational drivers. You will be an effective communicator, working across multiple functions, including the wider HR team, Centers of Excellence and HR Shared Services to support a cohesive HR strategy.
Within the global HR function, we have defined our own working practices, ensuring we share the same mission; Be Trusted, Responsive, Solution Orientated, Keep Things Simple and One HR – If this is something that sounds familiar to you and the type of HR function you'd like to be involved in, we’d be interested in your application.
Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Partners with business leaders to develop and implement people and talent strategies
- Advises business leadership in the overall approach to people management, workforce strategy and execution; recommends and implements strategies.
- Facilitates talent reviews and provides input to business leaders to ensure that they are integrating talent management principles and leader development opportunities across the business
- Recommends and executes talent acquisition and retention initiatives that align with business
- Advises on organization design and executes change management and communication initiatives
- Communicates and collaborates across the HR function to ensure alignment with business needs
- Manages reporting on relevant HR metrics, quantitative and qualitative data to provide insights and recommendations to leaders regarding staffing, retention, succession planning and competitive market positioning
- Engages in complex employee relations issues as needed
- Designs and delivers leadership training
- Provides on-boarding support for new leaders
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous HR experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 8-10 years’ experience) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to build relationships across a cross-functional team of diverse styles, skill sets, and experience levels
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Strong business acumen and global perspective with ability to understand complex organizational structures and environments
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience influencing internal partners and team members through interpersonal skills including coaching, facilitation, problem solving, conflict resolution
- Good organizational and time management skills, with a high attention to detail and focus on customer
- Ability to establish and maintain positive collaborative working relationships with peers, company leadership, internal stakeholders
- Experience collecting, analyzing, interpreting data and preparing actionable items and measurable outcomes
- Excellent judgment and decision-making ability
- Experience working in a large, highly matrixed organization
- Operates with a high level of integrity and keeps information confidential.
- Ability to seamlessly handle changing scenarios and help to implement change such as restructuring and reorgs.
PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require minimal as-needed travel (0-10%)
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are game changers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we would love to hear from you.