Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Global Procurement Category Manager (Technology) to join our team in Wilmington, DE.
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agrisciences creates the world's most recognized and premium agricultural solutions to address the greatest challenges in agriculture. With a focus on technology, Corteva Agriscience creates seed and crop protection products that increase productivity and profit for farmers while reducing risks to their business. Every day our digital tools deliver insights our global partners need to thrive now and into the future.
As the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, we're building a culture that stays curious, thinks differently, acts boldly and takes a stand on what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. We know we've got big challenges to solve - we hope you'll be part of the solution. Whether you are in the lab or on the farm, teaching classes or crafting code - we need bold thinkers and fearless doers to bring their best to the job at hand. Every role at Corteva Agriscience includes an opportunity to grow what matters.
This position will have Global responsibility and accountability for the Hardware, Software and Telecommunication procurement strategy development and execution in support of Corteva. Total spend will be approximately $500M annually.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Develop and document global sourcing/procurement strategies and tactical execution for the Hardware, Software and Telecommunication spend categories to achieve maximum value at the lowest total cost.
- Responsible for driving strategy, cost models, project portfolios, RFx documents, supplier selection decisions, contract negotiation and implementation as well as execution on a global basis.
- Participate as full partner on the business, functions and regional leadership teams to fully understand the business strategy and to bring the external market place dynamics into the strategy and planning process.
- Engage with businesses, functions and regions to develop strategies that deliver savings and growth that are aligned with business, function and regional objectives.
- Drive execution of global procurement category and supplier relationship strategies.
- Develops and drives rigorous category and supplier performance metrics/programs.
- Drive process and policy simplification, governance and compliance.
- Build and lead strong team of Procurement Category Managers and Procurement Specialists/Buyers that are engaged and business focused to deliver on overall objectives.
- Champions, coaches the team and is a continuous learner on the use of standard sourcing processes, category management, risk mitigation and category/supplier performance management.
- Develop competencies that understand competitive landscape and industry trends and targeted development plans for all direct reports.
- Working with the buying team, fully evaluates the external market and develops strategies to mitigate risk and create competitive advantage versus our competition.
- Develops organization expertise recognized as “world class“ both internally and externally. Work collaboratively with other sourcing colleagues to share best practices and procurement process improvements.
- Sets high standards for the organization for ethics, professionalism and compliance to all internal controls.
- Develops relationships with senior executives from key suppliers and engages them in strategic supplier management for value creation and innovation.
- Works with operations and functions to identify, assess, qualify and develop new suppliers needed for competition and value delivery.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- BA/BS Degree, MBA desired
- Professional Certifications desired
- 15+ Years Global Technology Sourcing & Category Management experience in large, global multi-business organization
- Proficient in thought leadership, negotiations, communications and teambuilding skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, SAP and Business Intelligence Systems
Let's peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!