Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
The Quality Engineer, reporting to the Manager, Quality Assurance will perform three primary roles within the Quality Engineering function:
Performs Quality Engineering assignments requiring independent evaluation, selection, and application of standard Quality Engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgment and ingenuity in making adaptations and modifications.
Performs Quality Management Systems assignments requiring AS9100 System auditing, root cause and corrective action analysis and Performs Receiving and In-Process Inspection assignments 10% of the time requiring product verification, documentation validation, and associated systems transactions.
- Reviews customer contracts and responsible for requirements analysis, identification and definition.
- Prepares proposal bid documentation for Quality.
- Interfaces with Supplier Quality Engineering to provide guidance and support for supplier issues.
- Works with senior level Engineers on general systems engineering processes.
- Performs Quality Engineering using defined software tools and applications.
- Performs inspections using inspection tools and techniques.
- Performs quality planning activities including development of Quality Plan, and Inspection Plan documents as required by the assigned project(s). Performs design document reviews as appropriate for the assigned project(s).
- Participates in process improvement activities through monitoring, root cause investigations, auditing, failure analysis etc. Participates in Program Management activities appropriate to the assigned project(s).
- Participates in Contract Data Requirements List development, review and delivery to the customer as required by the assigned project(s).
- Utilizes industry and Quality Management System concepts, policies and procedures.
- Assists in gauging and calibration activities as necessary.
- Assists in developing fabrication/build processes and standards.
- Participates in Material Review Board (MRB) disposition activities.
- Utilizes general understanding of industry and military specifications and standards in performance of the assigned Quality Engineering functions.
- Utilizes specialized Quality Engineering skills in performance of the assigned tasks.
- Interfaces with internal organizations and systems in performance of the assigned Quality Engineering functions.
- Communicates well, both written and verbal, with all the interfacing functions. Maintains good interpersonal skills and demonstrates leadership skills necessary for the position.
- Conducts internal QMS audits and participates in external registrar or customer audits.
Knowledge of Quality Engineering and manufacturing process.
Technical knowledge of inspection and test techniques.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Knowledge of statistical techniques and applications
Knowledge of Quality Management Systems (AS9100 and/or ISO9001) and concepts.
Holds or has the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Effective written and oral communication skills.
Technical writing ability.
Ability to analyze specifications, drawings, procedures and schematics.
Ability to apply logical, scientific or analytical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Effective ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks.
Ability to effectively resolve material review actions.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering with 5 or more years related experience or Masters Degree in Engineering/with applicable quality experience.
- Experience in/exposure to quality engineering preferred.
- Software development experience would be a plus.
This position requires use of information which may be subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
- Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.