Market Intelligence Specialist
Seurat Technologies is a 3D printing company disrupting a 7,000-year-old manufacturing industry by reinventing how we produce goods, replacing harmful manufacturing processes (like casting) w/ cleaner tech that prints the future. With $79M raised and backed by venture partners like True Ventures, Capricorn, and Porsche, our Area Printing process is 10X faster than incumbent 3D printing, delivering high-volume, localized and decarbonized manufacturing. Seurat’s pioneering approach was originally developed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL).
Seurat is a recipient of Fast Company’s Next Big Things in Tech and the Boston Business Journal’s BostInno Fire Awards. Come change the world with us!
We are currently seeking a talented, self-motivated Market Intelligence Specialist to add to our team. The ideal candidate will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use initiative, and support our goal to become a leader in our field. In the role the candidate will be expected to forge relationships with existing and new customers, industry experts and other key stakeholders, specifically in relation to understanding different market dynamics, market opportunity and the competitive landscape. Using a qualitative and quantitative approach, actionable recommendations on both existing and potential markets will be developed in order to support tactical and strategic planning initiatives.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team of world-class engineers, scientists, and technicians to change the future of manufacturing. This role will report to the Director of Market Development and work very closely with our Marketing and Process teams, as well as be highly visible to the Executive leadership. The candidate must feel comfortable working across the organization and build relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
The Market Intelligence Specialist will own intelligence gathering from both primary and secondary sources and help the organization understand competitive insights and formulate long-term market opportunities.
- Maintain and develop forecasts and segmentation models to help form actionable insights.
- Initiate formal voice-of-customer interviews by engaging customers and prospects to understand product/market needs and opportunity size.
- Gather information on competitors, and conduct analysis on their sales, prices and methods of distribution and marketing to thoroughly learn about the competition.
- Forge relationships with industry analysts to ascertain relevant research.
- Help prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
- Help internal stakeholders understand and quantify new and existing market opportunities..
- 5+ years in data analysis and market forecasting role
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline such as business or engineering.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to work independently with little management oversight.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to lead and influence across functions.
- Fast learner, detail-oriented, and must enjoy fast-paced work environments.
- Proven ability to build relationships internally and externally, across all levels.
- Self-motivated, innovative, collaborative and analytical.
- Strong project management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen abilities
Seurat Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal, state or local law.