Trust Advisor III (Advisor Solutions)
Req Number: 216988
We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- 6 years of experience serving as an account administrator in a specific area of expertise to include trust administration, investments or insurance in a client service capacity
- 6 years of business development experience in trust administration, investments or insurance
Trust Advisor IIIComerica Advisor Solutions
Our Strategic Alliance is a professional collaboration between two great financial firms. Our alliance allows clients to take advantage of Comerica Bank & Trust, N.A.'s professional trust administration capabilities, as well as the services of their Financial Advisor, delivered through a customized, service-driven model. The Trust Advisor III in our Comerica Advisor Solutions group, is responsible for serving as relationship manager for a book of business by providing insight to specific trust documents, overseeing overall estate planning, and working directly with our Financial Advisor partners. This position's direct involvement in business development is expected to contribute to the achievement of the annual net new business goal for the division.
Successful incumbents possess effective communication skills, problem solving skills, appropriate functional and technical skills, the ability to multi task, meet service standards and are focused on the customer.
- Manages more routine accounts in accordance with the terms of the various governing documents, applicable law, and consistent with the needs of the principals, income beneficiaries, and remaindermen.
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets documents for direction; evaluates accounts for completeness and accuracy, monitors and reviews account transactions, responds to incoming correspondence and any other client requests to ensure compliance with the governing document, applicable law and policies and procedures.
- Works with manager in developing solutions to most issues brought forth by principals, income beneficiaries and remaindermen such as requests for special distributions, fee issues or disputes.
- Oversees the opening and closing of accounts, ensures the receipt of proper and legally required documentation, ensures the full and complete transfer of assets, their cost basis, and the proper characterization of cash as income or principal, ensures all tax codes and account administration codes are accurate and oversees tax reporting activities, coordinating with outside CPAs and advisors.
- Provides comprehensive wealth planning advice to clients. May participate in projects which affect the broader business and improves efficiency of delivery of services to clients.
- Communicates directly with our Financial Advisor partners, clients, and internal business partners. Providing timely updates on all account related activity and responding quickly to requests.
- Works with Advisor Solutions Trust Specialist's to develop new business through our partners. Develops referrals through their centers of influence.
8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Upon offer, Comerica conducts a comprehensive background and fingerprint check.
NMLS certification requirement: where applicable, a favorable background check screening, credit check, fingerprint check, and NMLS certification is required in accordance with the SAFE Act.
Comerica Incorporated (NYSE: CMA) is a financial services company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and strategically aligned by the Business Bank, the Retail Bank, and Wealth Management. Comerica's more than 9,000 colleagues focus on relationships, and helping people and businesses be successful. In addition to Texas, Comerica Bank locations can be found in Arizona, California, Florida and Michigan, with select businesses operating in several other states, as well as in Canada and Mexico.
Comerica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - veterans/individuals with disabilities, committed to workplace diversity.