World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company's activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide's ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
The GM&T WBU delivers technological solutions (molecules, equipment and services) to support the new markets of energy transition, maritime logistics and scientific exploration, in order to accelerate Air Liquide sustainable growth.
To support the energy transition, GM&T brings environmentally friendly solutions to the clean energy market with hydrogen energy and Bio-Natural Gas for vehicles, refrigerated transport using nitrogen, but also the treatment and injection of Biogas into the energy grid as a local power source.
As a player of the deep tech sector, GM&T commercializes technologies dedicated to Space, Aerospace and scientific exploration. GM&T also supplies gases for players in of the maritime sector and provides logistics for cryogenic transportation by sea of value added molecules, such as helium.
GM&T employs 1,800 people world-wide and generated a 2017 revenue of €372 million.
The Process Engineering Intern will support the fiber spinning and bundling processes in Air Liquide's Newport, DE location. The ideal candidate will be from a local university and able to work 15+ hours a week during the school year.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a safety role model; promote a high level of safety awareness; adhere to and support the continuous improvement of all safety practices / procedures.
- Assist in the monitoring, controlling, troubleshooting and evaluating the processes of the fiber spinning and bundling processes, under the direction of the Product Platform Manager.
- Evaluate consistency of work instructions with day-to-day practices and recommend improvements
- Optimize and aid in debottlenecking of current processes.
- Assist with commissioning and validation of new equipment
- Currently in final year of Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Prior experience as an intern or co-op in a technical/engineering environment
- Strong time management skills
- Enjoys working with their hands
- Fluent in Microsoft Office and Google Platform
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
This position is identified by Air Liquide as “safety-sensitive“ and as such is subject to random drug testing in accordance with the current Drug and Alcohol Policy.