Compact Membrane Systems, Inc. is a 23 person, twenty-four-year-old, high-technology company located in Newport, Delaware. We are focused on research, development, manufacturing, and commercialization of membranes and thin films composed of highly fluorinated polymers with exceptional gas transport properties and chemical resistance.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer with Product Design Experience; Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Engage in problem solving with sales and marketing personnel, process engineers, scientists, manufacturing team, and customers on development of new products and gas and liquid processing systems.
● Design new products, processing equipment, and custom manufacturing equipment
● Construction, modification, and troubleshooting of lab and pilot scale membrane test equipment
● Perform basic maintenance on manufacturing and test equipment
● Operate in compliance with company safety and quality practices
● Work in a team environment which requires clear communication and listening skills
● Self-management of daily, weekly, and more long-term tasks and goals
● Generate / maintain product documentation including detailed part drawings, assembly sketches, layouts, control schematics, PFDs, P&IDs, etc.
● Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and minimum of 2 years’ experience in new product development, or minimum of 5 years of similar experience
● Previous experience with mechanical design, problem solving, and equipment maintenance
● Demonstrated ‘hands-on’ mechanical ability
● Basic understanding of electronic circuit design including controls and wiring diagrams/setup
● Creative and self-motivated, comfortable with non-routine tasks and engineering changes, and working on multiple projects as a member of several teams
● Ability to effectively communicate ideas to all members of the organization
● Preferred skills – general machining, mechanical and electrical design and assembly, proficient with AutoCAD, Inventor or similar software, and experience with MS Office applications or similar software.
● Helpful experience – small volume manufacturing, ASME pressure vessel and piping design, gas and liquid delivery systems, membrane technology or applications, coating or polymer processing, chemical processing, equipment maintenance and calibration, design of machine control systems, laboratory and shop safety, chemical process design, chemical manufacturing, hazardous location classifications, general knowledge of codes and standards (NEC, ASME Y14.5, B31.3, etc.), change management, filament winding,