Financial Systems Analyst
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation’s leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. Airgas’ customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and so on… Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment.
The Financial Systems Analyst helps support technical system administrative requirements for Trintech Cadency (“Cadency”), which also includes reviews of processes to identify opportunities, reducing manual transactional effort, and delivering organization efficiency and effectiveness in pursuit of a best in class accounting function. Cadency, a Cloud-based software system (SaaS), is a best in class software tool utilized by Airgas to perform and automate general ledger account reconciliations, monitor financial closing tasks, automate journal entries and the systematic monitoring of internal accounting control compliance. The Financial Systems Analyst is a key member of the accounting and compliance teams providing reporting, administrative and technical support related to the Cadency processes and tools. Cadency system modules employed include: Certification, Close, Compliance, Match, and Journals, touching a wide range of tasks across multiple divisions and business units of Airgas. The Financial Systems Analyst is required to have a working understanding of these tasks, exhibit ownership, and is recognized for financial / business experience and potential. Such expertise may be concentrated in a specific technical area or span multiple areas across finance and accounting. Additionally, the Financial Systems Analyst may assist in the support of other financial accounting systems and related projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Play a key supporting role in the implementation of Cadency, becoming a subject matter expert to help assist future roll-outs and support transformation efforts post-go live.
- Provide key input to a center of excellence level of support for Cadency, working with division accounting and compliance & controls teams and provide training. Where possible the analyst should encourage best practices, drive continuous improvement, and help the Cadency system admin team to identify new use cases or enhancements to unlock further potential value (more effective and/or efficient, engagement with the user base to explore areas of improvement and balance with cost effectiveness).
- Assist with day-to-day maintenance of Cadency, ensuring that operational tasks are completed in accordance with established service level agreements (SLAs).
- Provide technical and process support for Cadency rollouts by helping to set up the master data in the platform, training to users, assisting the Cadency Admin team in coordinating with all stakeholders to ensure a smooth functionality of the tool, from initial testing to production go-live.
- Ensure resolution of Cadency requests and incidents in an effective and timely manner and escalating to the internal IT and vendor support when warranted.
- Coordinate and support process changes, process alignments and Cadency new release management based on an agreed project plan and attributes (change impact, tests, etc.).
- Contribute / manage recurring system maintenance (daily to yearly scheduled activities) and escalating issues encountered to the appropriate technical support structure.
- Maintain and update related written manuals, user guides and provide support related to the Cadency database for the queries submitted by Internal Controls and External Auditors.
- Assist with the creation and publication of Cadency reports on operational metrics.
- GL cloud-based tool experience preferred (e.g., Trintech Cadency, Blackline, ARCS, etc.).
- Experience with and understanding of US GAAP; experience with IFRS is a plus.
- ERP or other general ledger computer system experience.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Able to operate at a detailed level without losing sight of the big picture.
- Action oriented; thrives in a dynamic environment; willing to take the initiative when the opportunity presents itself.
- Analytical thinker, with a strong background in accounting processes and data flows.
- Flexible/team player; comfortable changing directions mid-stream; able to work. collaboratively with R2R front line teams with an end to end mindset
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Access skills.
- Google Suite platform experience is a plus.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting.
- 3 to 5 years of financial analysis experience in a public or private company environment.
- Understanding of the end-to-end Record-to-Report (R2R) processes with proven hands-on experience in GL accounting and reporting.
- High level of ownership mindset.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
If you are excited about thriving in a collaborative and challenging work environment, then please apply with your resume. For further information about Airgas, please visit www.airgas.com
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability