Come explore working for the best in banking in the Chicago area! See why Wintrust has been recognized as one of the top places to work in Chicagoland!
The commercial banker is responsible for managing an existing portfolio of commercial banking customers, expanding existing customer relationships, and developing new business. This position provides exceptional service to build and strengthen customer relationships by promoting products and services as appropriate to identify and fulfill customer needs. Responsible for new business development through referral sources and cold calling efforts. Additional responsibilities include:
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Maintain and develop existing portfolio by assessing and meeting client’s business and personal needs.
- Increase the Bank’s profitability by cultivating new commercial business relationships.
- Negotiate proper loan structure and effectively cross sell products.
- Maintain properly documented files and manage renewals and collection efforts on past dues and defaulted loans.
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of current commercial products offered in the market and keeps informed of all relevant industry trends and practices.
- Maintain and build a professional network of COI’s and referral sources.
- Maintain a stable network of prospective customers with a consistent approach to calling.
Wintrust Financial Corporation (Wintrust) is a financial services company based in Rosemont, Illinois, with approximately $43 billion in assets. We engage in the business of providing traditional community banking services, commercial banking, wealth management services, commercial insurance premium financing, life insurance premium financing, mortgage origination, short-term accounts receivable financing, and certain administrative services, such as data processing of payrolls, billing and treasury management services. We provide community-oriented, personal and commercial banking services to customers located in the greater Chicago, Illinois and southern Wisconsin areas through our 15 wholly-owned banking subsidiaries.
- The ideal candidate has no less than 4 years experience managing a portfolio of commercial banking clients, has a strong knowledge of the local market, and experience with Treasury Management products and other product partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Finance, Economics or related quantitative field.
- Formal credit training preferred.
We provide an engaging, dynamic work environment, an excellent compensation package including 401k, employee stock purchase plan, medical/dental, life insurance and more!
Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran. We request applicants refrain from disclosing current or historical compensation information during the recruitment process; any disclosed detail will not be taken into account as applicants are considered for employment.