Education/Training: An Associates degree with an emphasis in a business curriculum preferred; specialized bank education or training.
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, and grammar skills; proficient mathematics skills; proficient PC skills; knowledge of various PC applications and software; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; visual and auditory skills.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years' experience directly related to loan processing is preferred.
Responsible for performing a variety of duties relating to the origination and sale, coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
- Performs a variety of duties relating to the origination and sale of loan products of which the following are illustrative:
- Assists with all aspects of secondary market, USDA Chase, PHFA, FHLB, and Portfolio Pre-closing.
- Verify each borrower's employment prior to closing, meeting all investor guidelines.
- Order final version of Fraud Report adding all parties to the loan including but not limited to buyer(s), seller(s), Real Estate Companies, Realtors, Appraisal Management Company, Appraisal Firm, Appraiser, Underwriter, Processor, Closer and Settlement Agent.
- Coordinate with MLO, Closer, and/or Settlement Company to gather the Property taxes, Home Owners Insurance, Flood Insurance, Inspection Invoices, and Preliminary Title Work.
- Review the Home Owners Insurance, Flood Insurance and Preliminary Title Work to verify correct name, address, coverage etc.
- Review Stipulations Against Liens for General Contractor's and/or Waiver's of Mechanic's Liens on Construction Loans and Improvement Loans.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Mortgage Operations Manager.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties requiring knowledge of department procedures.
- Submit gas lease and ROA for legal opinion.
- Enter data to MPF website for Loan Presentment and Delivery Commitments.
- Send Invite to settlement agent for access to closing portal, if applicable.
- Prepares HMDA LAR for withdrawn and denied loans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the bank or department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information and superior customer service.
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
- Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
- Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
- PC/Computer keyboard
- Fax machine
- Copy machine