About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: The Patient Transport Worker provides transportation of patients, patient's belongings, medical records, specimens, etc. to various areas of the institution to facilitate patient care. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Transports patients to and from hospital service areas and patient rooms
- Anticipates and responds to customer needs
- Operates and moves beds, stretchers, and medical equipment as needed
- Safely moves patients with traction, IVs, drainage apparatus, oxygen, and other encumbrances
- Ensures that the dispatcher is informed of any delays, cancellations, and changes in the mode of transportation, as appropriate
- Adheres to all system and departmental policies and procedures regarding blood and body fluids precautions, exposure control, and hazardous waste
- Prepares cots for delivery and picks up and delivers CS equipment and other requests, as needed
- Transports bodies to the morgue in a timely manner and ensures that proper documentation is completed
- Provides emergency assistance to patients who become ill during transport process until proper staff can be notified and assistance arrives
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous experience in a related role preferred
- Must be able to follow safety procedures and precautions
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of over 50 lbs.