Primary Purpose of Position:
Performs tasks and provides services to support the plant's production goals, overall business plans and objectives as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, installs, erects, moves and/or dismantles all types of machinery and auxiliary production equipment.
- Inspects job site and equipment to be dismantled, erected or moved; analyzes blueprints and schematics; estimates weight of loads to be handled, lifted, clearances and recommends support equipment needed.
- Selects and transports tools, machinery, and materials needed for assignment.
- Fabricates sheet metal and structural units as needed: guarding, steps, stairs, conveyors, elevators, and platforms and sets in place.
- Splices ropes and cables as required.
- Performs preventative maintenance for building and grounds as necessary.
- Maintains all shop tools and equipment.
- Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
- Communicates pertinent information to next shift.
- Directs efforts of contract labor on specific assignments.
- May be required to go to customer(s) to troubleshoot equipment and/or finished cans.
- Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- Qualified candidate must have formal training through accredited program or apprenticeship and be willing to work a unique rotating shift schedule. Week-end and holiday work will be required.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
- Performs duties without posing a direct threat to anyone or to property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to work independently within parameters set by management.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.