Do you have manufacturing work experience? Do you have experience with supervising employees in a manufacturing plant or mill? Do you want to join a team of professionals? If you answered yes to these questions, then our Manufacturing Operations Supervisor I position at our plywood mill in Wiggins, MS could be a good fit.
This position offers mentoring from various levels of management throughout the organization. Individuals selected for this position will undergo an education process focusing on the core operational aspects of the business throughout multiple departments and shifts. Hood offers a very interactive and “hands-on“ environment in an effort to provide the necessary exposure to become an effective leader in the organization. At Hood Industries, we strive to provide our future leaders with the knowledge, experience, and support to allow them to grow personally as well as professionally and exceed company expectations.
Hood Industries, Inc. is a blend of wood manufacturing and distribution concerns that include two plywood and four lumber manufacturing plants, and fourteen specialty wood product distribution operations, located in thirteen states serving the northeast, southeast and southwest United States.
- Supervise operations within multiple departments and shifts at the highest practical efficiency. This includes working with employees and management to develop production schedules, budgets, and to coordinate movement of material in and out of the work area. Resolve operating, scheduling, and production issues as needed.
- Work with other departments’ supervisors to ensure operations meet quality standards and product specifications.
- Work with other departments’ supervisors to ensure machinery, equipment, and work areas are maintained properly. Work with maintenance to coordinate preventative maintenance, expedite repairs, and schedule equipment updates, additions, and/or replacements.
- Work with other departments’ supervisors to ensure work is carried out in a safe manner and that all areas are free of work hazards. Ensure that company safety policies and practices are followed by employees. Set personal example by observing all safe work practices and participate in safety checks, audits, investigations.
- Participate in new hire orientations, employee training, ongoing coaching, and reinforcement to employees. Observe and apply all Hood human resources, safety, and related policies.
- Participate in creating required operating reports (e.g. work hours, production levels, quality testing, etc.). Participate in maintaining appropriate and required operating, regulatory, and human resources records, including: attendance logs via KRONOS, preventative and corrective maintenance via Guardian, and production reports via Lumber Trax.
What you bring to the team:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong leadership, excelling in teamwork.
- Excellent technical aptitude.
- Good knowledge of plant processes.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Proven safety and quality record.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree is a plus.
- Previous manufacturing experience required. Prior wood products experience preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience will be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Internet, Excel and Word.
- General knowledge of OSHA standards.
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce.
- Must be able to work multiple shifts and weekends.
Benefits to joining the Hood team:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Cancer, Life, insurance options
- Paid STD and LTD options
- 401(k) with company match is also available.
- One week of vacation after only six (6) months of employment.
Hood Industries requires that applicants consent to a background check and a drug screen to continue in the selection process. All employment offers are contingent on meeting our background check standards and successful passing of required drug test. If hired, you will be required to provide documentation indicating your legal right to work in the U.S.
An Equal Opportunity Employer