Title: Supervisor Transportation
Requisition Id: 5096
Job Function: Field Services Operations
Career Area: Drivers
Oversees the transportation department of one or more locations within assigned geography; providing leadership within the location(s) as assigned. Acts as the liaison between customer, operations, CSRs, and the support team.
Key Job Activities:
- Maintain and manage inventory supplies to ensure that adequate inventories are maintained at all times
- Manage route scheduling to ensure all scheduled customers will be serviced by end of day. Redirect manpower and resources as required, in order to service customers on routes that may have operational difficulties (i.e., vehicle breakdown, vehicle accident, or completely full truck)
- Manage driver debrief process for every route. Ensure there is documentation (manifest, PDT receipt, etc) for every customer transaction. Update route comments as required
- Manage open order report to resolve service issues
- Manage the SAP cancellation process for customers cancelling contracts before the stated CSA end date
- Develop relationships with customers and establish contacts that are comfortable providing accurate service feedback
- Manage customer interaction records to resolve service issues
- Monitor operations and staff and recommends, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure, and additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources
- Monitor department work productivity, reports on trends, and recommends and implements changes to continually improve work productivity.
- Manage route vehicles, containers, load bars and straps, hand-trucks, PDT's and printers, and all other company equipment and assets.
Preferred Education: in High School or Equivalent
Experience (North America & LATAM):
- 0-3 years supervisory experience
- Education equivalent to graduation from High school, or GED equivalent; some college preferred
- Two or more years of Transportation/Logistic experience required
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
- Commercial Vehicle Driving experience (CDL) is a plus
- Maintains a current Medical Examiner's Certificate (MEC) issued by a doctor approved by Stericycle/Shred-it is a plus but not required
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle
- Demonstrates knowledge of, DOT, OSHA, HIPAA, and NAID
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications to include spreadsheets and word processing
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws. To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.
Nearest Major Market: Wichita