Supervisor - Loan Risk and Assessment
Loan Risk and Assessment Supervisor
Location: Wichita, KS
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform as subject matter expert in relation risk avoidance processes, such as income verification and fraud prevention, as it relates to online lending and online funding.
- Coach and develop group of associates in area of manual credit underwriting.
- Oversee scheduling of team to meet business needs, including timecard approvals and time off requests.
- Assist manager in preparing Associate performance reviews and any performance improvement plans, as necessary.
- Conduct supervisory review of pending applications escalated for second evaluation.
- Assist Manager in implementation of call strategies related to customer response rates and pending action items.
- Actively seek and identify growth opportunities.
- Gather and document customer information and application details, in compliance with lending requirements and company guidelines/policies.
- Analyze and evaluate personal customer information and ask appropriate follow-up questions.
- Engage in direct communication with customers to ensure pending application action items are resolved in a timely manner.
- Participate in the manual underwriting process by making loan risk and assessment decisions where appropriate and within realm of authority and supervisory responsibilities.
- Support team training efforts by leading informative meetings and educating the team on new processes and products.
- Assist Manager in the collection of customer data to be used for reporting purposes.
- Suggest business process updates as trends are identified both positive and negative.
- Maintain customer relationship management system to ensure data is accurate and account notes are detailed.
- Recruit, retain and grow a world-class team.
- Model and ensure the leadership is in place to promote and enhance the company values.
- Responsible for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of assigned team, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and managing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Understand applicable company policies, procedures and other job-specific instructive documents and materials.
- Conduct business, perform job duties, and provide oversight in a manner consistent with the requirements set forth in all company policies, procedures and other directives, and in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Complete all compliance training assigned to them to understand the key provisions of law, regulation and internal policies and procedures applicable to their job duties, as well as the impact of non-compliance on the company's reputation and success.
- Raise concerns about any practice(s) believed to be a violation of, or inconsistent with, company policies, procedures or other directives, or in violation of legal or regulatory requirements.
- Monitor processes and procedures to ensure safety and compliance.
- Model the Company's vision and values.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years Supervisory Experience in call Center environment or financial services related field preferred.
- Experience working with a CRM system, workforce optimization and customer call management tools.
- Understanding of customer service processes.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a professional manner.
- Must be able to take direction and proceed enthusiastically to complete assigned tasks.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office product suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrate effective time management and task prioritization skills.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- College Degree Preferred.
We are a leading alternative financial services firm providing valuable and much needed service for hard working consumers with operations in the United States, Canada and England. We are proud to serve in the more than 400 store communities, through our multiple contact centers, online and mobile financial services with the ownership of our own pre-paid debit card, short term loans, installment loans, line of credits, and cash for gold, money order, wire transfer, and check cashing services.
We rise to the challenge of designing products and services which not only meet our customers' needs but also meet state-by-state and, in Canada, province-by-province requirements. In the US alone, this equates to over 40 different loan product types and growing! Today, our corporate office is in Wichita, Kansas, birthplace of our company founders. We also have administrative offices in Chicago and Toronto as well as Leeds and Nottingham in the UK.
CURO Financial Technologies Corp Supports Equal Employment Opportunity. CURO Financial Technologies Corp (dba Speedy Cash, Cash Money, Rapid Cash, The Money Box, WageDayAdvance) is committed to a policy of providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants. This commitment is reflected in all aspects of our daily operations. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information in any personnel practice, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, and discipline. Additionally, we do not discriminate based on any other characteristic protected by applicable state or local law where a particular employee works. In addition, it is the policy of CURO Financial Technologies Corp to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by federal law and any state law where a particular employee works. Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: CURO Financial Technologies Corp, Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, WageDayAdvance, CURO Financial Management accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, CURO Financial Technologies Corp, Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, WageDayAdvance, employees, or send to any CURO Financial Technologies Corp, Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, WageDayAdvance, facility. CURO Financial Technologies Corp, CURO Financial Management, Speedy Cash, Rapid Cash, Cash Money, WageDayAdvance, is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.