Student - Housekeeping Aide
The Newman University is looking for student workers to assist in Housekeeping for the fall 2022 semester.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Floor Maintenance 40% (Daily)
- Vacuuming room carpets and dorm room floors
- Sweeping hallways, gym floors, bleacher stands, etc.
Custodial Cleaning and Trash Removal 50% (Daily)
Clean all restrooms, lobbies, public areas, student rooms, etc. according to established daily practices:
- Floor scrubbing/mopping
- Trash removal
- Stocking paper supplies
- Glass cleaning and polishing
- Sink and toilet bowl sanitation
Miscellaneous Assignments 10% (As needed)
- Moving tables and chairs
- Cleaning equipment, etc
- Complete University-required trainings including FERPA and Title IX
- Must be a current Newman University student enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 credit hours)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be punctual and able to start shift on time
- Must have comfortable clothes and shoes gloves will be provided
- Report to Supervisor when arriving and before leaving each shift
- Nightly 15 minute break during each 4-hour shift
- No cell phone while on duty
Number of hours per week: 15-20
Hours: Monday thru Friday 8pm 12am (approx.), some weekends
Number of positions available: 4
Rate of Pay: $8.25 per hour
Founded in 1933, Newman University is a liberal arts institution grounded in Catholic values and traditions, yet is respectful of all faiths. At Newman you'll find people, programs, organizations and activities designed to educate the mind and inspire the spirit. Our low instructor-to-student ratio and collaborative faculty contribute to a positive learning environment. We are a sponsored ministry of the Adorers of the Blood of Christ, US Region. We invite you to join us in our work of empowering our graduates to transform society!
Newman University is committed to hiring faculty and staff members that reflect the diversity of our region and to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees, according to all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state, and local governing bodies and agencies. In keeping this commitment, it is the policy of Newman University to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, familial status, public assistance status, local human rights commission activity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or status as a qualified protected veteran.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, Newman University will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with a disability in completing the application form or in the interview process. Please notify the Human Resources Office at (316) 942-4291, ext. 2202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance so necessary arrangements can be made.