Simulator Technician (Wichita, KS, US, 67209)
About FlightSafety International
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides training for pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 167 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full-flight simulators and award-winning maintenance training at Learning Centers and training locations in the United States, Canada, France and the United Kingdom.
Purpose of Position
The Simulator Technician maintains and /or repairs flight training devices (FTDs) in accordance with Regulatory Authority requirements and company standards. May also make mechanical modifications, updates and repairs to enhance the performance of the FTDs.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Simulator Technician successfully completes diverse tasks of the job; applies and enhances knowledge and skill in both usual and unusual issues; may need some guidance in addressing unusual situations.
· Perform standard Simulator support activities.
· Perform configuration changes to Simulators and FTDs, evaluate and confirm proper post- change operation.
· Identify, troubleshoot, repair or replace most of the Simulator and FTD electrical and sub system components and most hydraulic system components with little to no assistance.
· Monitor Simulator(s) performance and condition to ensure compliance with governmental regulations.
· Demonstrate familiarity with governing regulations for the proper operation of all FTDs, the facility, and the safe employment of personnel.
Associates degree in electronics from a college or completion of a civilian/military electronics technical school preferred.
3 years, including civilian/military electronics or related technical experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Accountability: Meets productivity standards, deadlines, and work schedules. Accepts full responsibility for quality of work.
· Communication: Conveys ideas and facts by presenting information clearly and professionally while listening carefully to ensure information is understood.
· Approachability: Earns trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism.
· Teamwork: Cooperates and collaborates with all employees to achieve common goals. Analytical Thinking – Efficiently and accurately dissects problems and information and uses logic and judgment to evaluate alternatives and develop solutions.
· Detail Oriented: Pursues quality in task accomplishment by checking work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met and/or encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and communicate. The employee may be required to stand; walk; sit.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to view monitors, technical documents, and reference material.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.