VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) has a 90 year history of technical innovations that have evolved to keep pace and address our customer’s most pressing business issues. We make equipment, software, and systems that help to plan, deploy, certify, monitor, and optimize all kinds of networks - like those for mobile phones, service providers, large businesses and data centers. VIAVI is also a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings and engineered diffusers, providing light management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and instrumentation markets.
We are the people behind the products that help keep the world connected – at home, school, work, at play, and everywhere in between. VIAVI employees are fierce about supporting customer success and we welcome people who bring their best every day to the company - to question, to collaborate and to push for solutions that will delight our customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Derive requirements, conceptualize, define, design & prototype wireless communications solutions
- Create, analyze and refine the required DSP algorithms using mathematical analysis tools such as MATLAB/Simulink
- Develop software using C/C in Linux environment to translate algorithm prototypes into optimized, production-quality code suitable for operational deployment
- Perform hardware/software integration, debugging, and code optimization on target platforms
- Interface with cross-functional teams and sites to define and implement new features
- Coordinate technical discussions and collaborate with platform and system architects to make design decisions
- May act as technical lead and provide mentoring to other software engineers
- BS Degree or higher in EE, CS, or CE. MS preferred.
- 10 years of Software Development experience
- Excellent knowledge of communication systems theory and signal processing concepts
- Ability to understand and formulate mathematical, statistical, and computational models
- Proficient in algorithm modeling tools such as Matlab/Simulink
- Proficient in DSP programming on ARM based multi-core processors such as IMX6/IMX8
- Experience developing/debugging applications and device drivers for embedded Linux and/or RTOS
- Proficiency in C/C and OO Design
- Good understanding of LTE/5G wireless cellular technology, including signaling
- Hands-on experience in lab equipment such as scopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators
- Solid technical leadership skills and ability to serve as a project lead
- Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills.
- Able to understand new system architectures quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Highly motivated, able to work independently with minimal direction
- Knowledge/Experience with Yocto Project
- Understanding of receiver and transmitter functional blocks and capabilities including antennas, filters, duplexers, oscillators, frequency converters, modulators, and demodulators.
- Understanding of 5G and 4G 3GPP protocols.
- Unit/Class Test background (Test Driven development)
- Experience with version control systems (preferably Git)
- Experience using an Agile-based development process (preferably Scrum)
- Experience with project tracking software, preferably Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, Crucible)
If you have what it takes to push boundaries and seize opportunities, apply to join our team today.
VIAVI Solutions is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.