Coordinate modification projects. Interpret technical drawings, Supplemental Type Certificate data, and requested work to define Bill of Materials (BOM) and shop-level work instructions. Identify initial BOM for projects and establish procurement method. Organize parts, prints, and technical data into a package for shop floor to install.
- Collaborates with Aftermarket Sales and Scheduling to define scope of work and define what support groups are needed for accomplishment.
- Determine the parts and materials needed to accomplish work scope.
- Translates existing technical data into a comprehensive package to enable shop floor execution'
- Uses drawings, Supplemental Type Certificates, Service Bulletins, Service Letters, Engineering Orders to establish approved technical data packages.
- Works with the installation facilities during the first installs to refine existing work instructions.
- Provides technical guidance to initiate and drive Root Cause / Corrective Action (RCCA) on issues related to engineering design, material, tooling, specifications and processes
- Defines work instructions for new modification projects.
- Works with cross-functional personnel to identify and analyze process flow issues stemming from sequence of work, balance of tasks, tooling/equipment constraints, and manpower allocation/training.
- Identifies, justifies, and implements new technology and manufacturing techniques to improve safety/ergonomics, reduce manufacturing cost (labor, material, inventory, scrap), and improve product/process quality.
- Gathers, analyzes, and summarizes process data for their use in valuing and prioritizing process continuous improvement opportunities; utilizes Lean/CI methodologies to lead, implement, and track improvements and to conduct check and adjust activities to verify sustainment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have two-year technical degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
Minimum of 3 years' experience required in aviation, manufacturing, flight line or relative technical field.