Belcan is partnering with our client in Wichita, KS for an AES Mechanical Engineer. This is a long-term contract opportunity with an aerospace and defense organization. Candidates will be working with CATIA V6 preparing engineering drawing for installation of avionics and electrical equipment and wire harnesses. Will assist in wiring diagram and harness assembly preparation using computer-based wiring software (Mentor Graphics). Work alongside other organizations from engineering, customer service, ISC, flight test, and airworthiness to support a broad range of projects by providing your technical expertise. Perform advanced electrical and avionics design and integration analysis requiring frequent application of mechanical engineering principles.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor“s Degree required in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or other related Engineering field
- Relative mechanical, avionics, or electrical engineering experience is preferred.
- Experience with avionics and electrical system design to the requirements of CFR 14 Part 23/25 is desired.
- Experience with CATIA V6 component and assembly design and drafting is strongly desired.
- Experience with computer-aided wiring diagram and harnessing software is desired. Mentor Graphics is preferred.
- Experience with electrical wiring, harnessing, and manufacturing is strongly desired.
- Experience with a PLM system is desired. ENOVIA is preferred.
- Strong computer, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Time management skills are required to work multiple concurrent projects of various size and scope.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint are required, Visio experience is desired.
- Design knowledge of electrical bonding criteria, thermal cooling requirements for electronic equipment, EMI shielding, and High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF) / Indirect Effects of Lightning (IEL) installation criteria is considered a plus.
If you are interested in this AES Mechanical Engineer position; please apply via the link provided. Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services from jet engines, air-frame, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cyber-security. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scale-able, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.