United States of America
HKS34: Wichita, KS 2051 Airport Rd , Wichita, KS, 67226 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
This position leads large team of experienced Manufacturing Operations professionals or production team leaders. Establishes long term objectives and guidelines for managing and monitoring cell performance and productivity. Directs scheduling and sequencing of work, as well as production innovation to optimize production.
- Manages and ensures all quality related items for the unit or shift are complete and documented so that established quality standards are met.
- Leads cost reduction efforts and process improvements for the unit or shift to ensure efficiency of operations and cost effectiveness.
- Leads scheduling for the unit or shift to ensure that operations run according to established production schedules.
- Leads the sequencing of work, such as build and delivery, for the unit or shift to ensure smooth operations and optimal use of resources.
- Heads materials and logistics problem resolution for the unit or shift to ensure availability of materials and smooth operations.
- Establishes performance objectives and leads cell performance and productivity.
- Leads production innovation, including additive manufacturing, for the unit or shift to enhance production capabilities.
- Partners with customers to understand customer needs and issues and ensure that the customers receive satisfactory standards of services.
- Responsible for all or a major portion of processing operations in a plant.
- Oversees production operations (shop floor management, workforce management, and flow disruption management), maintenance, plant engineering, scheduling and personnel.
- Manages and supervises the work of manufacturing production disciplines in the Operations function.
- Performs professional or management work regularly across multiple Manufacturing disciplines.
- Includes activities that cannot be attributed to a defined Operations discipline.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 8 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required.
US Citizenship is required for this role.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.