As a Customer Service Specialist, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks associated with supporting customers use of the CCH Corporate Tax software products and the applicable software applications. Working as part of both the professional services and customer service businesses, the Customer Service Specialist focus is ensuring that consulting services, post-implementations support are delivered with optimal customer satisfaction to a designated customer contacts across assigned customer accounts. As a dedicated consultant you will develop a holistic view of the customer's business and environment, build a solid rapport with office champions, and ultimately provide an elevated customer experience commensurate with the fees charged to participate in the Premier program.
A Customer Service Specialist will consult with customers on their needs regarding support, technical, and business process issues to solve moderate to complex technical product issues, make recommendations on product usage, identify training and consulting opportunities, conduct recurring case review meetings, participate in proactive customer planning, and conduct business review meetings after major regulatory and compliance deadlines.
While services are provided primarily from a Wolters Kluwer office, travel to a customer's office will be required on occasion. There is also a 24 x 7 component to the Premier offering, and partial on-call support outside of normal office hours is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains, expands and shares knowledge of Corporate Professional and Support Services, with an expert knowledge in CCH Indirect products, and solutions.
- Provided in-depth technical support, and post-implementation support
- Assist in the development and documentation of new processes and the changes associated with software applications, including the maintenance requirements.
- Provides on-call technical support to clients and partners outside of business hours, holidays, and weekends as needed.
- Consult with customer's business by reviewing a customer's workflow, and assist by making recommendations about how they should run their business around software post-implementation
- Consult with customers on product usage, best practices, and proactive planning
- Keep client informed of project status; evaluate feasibility, analyze the available options, plan, schedule and control activities to fulfill identified client objectives, applying knowledge of client's business, technical capabilities/issues, and technology effectively.
- Provide phone, e-mail, online chat, Web, and Community support for moderate to complex product, technical, or content issues; identify, resolve, and escalate issues when necessary; document these interactions in our customer relationship database.
- Make recommendations on product usage, identify training and consulting opportunities,
- Conduct recurring case review meetings, participate in proactive customer planning, and conduct business review meetings after major regulatory and compliance deadlines.
- Review business process and workflow policies and procedures to align ongoing compliance and regulatory changes, as well as changes in firm structure.
- Mentor existing staff and monitor open cases to assure timely and effective resolution
- Partner with key internal stakeholders from sales, product management, development, and account services to help ensure customer success on products and services supported by the Premier Support Program
- Provide recurring and on-demand detailed reporting to customers and internal leadership regarding the status and progress of assigned accounts
- Assist other support teams outside the Premier Program during peaks in customer demand
- Meet or exceed all defined service level agreements or service level objectives
- Maintain minimum levels of required customer satisfaction KPIs
- Cross-train on all CCH products and systems covered by the Premier Support Program
- Participate in projects and as well as process improvement initiatives
- Participate in product testing and review as required
- Follow all protocols to keep product and customer data secure and confidential
- Able to work independently and in a team-oriented environment, demonstrating strong qualities in project coordination
Other duties as assigned.
Please note: As a Customer Service Specialist, you must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes normally scheduled evening hours. You must also be able to participate in a 24x7 “on-call“ rotation and occasionally travel to customers office locations to conduct support meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance, or in MIS, Computer Science, or Information technology, OR, if no degree, 5 years of relative technical work experience.
- CPA, MCITP, MCSE, CCA, Network+, Server+, A+ Technical Certification
Experience: Minimum: 5 Years of delivering software solution consultation into corporate environments, including:
- 5 years of performing consulting services for indirect tax software post-integration solutions.
- 5 years experience working with tax and accounting software
- 5 years of hands-on experience troubleshooting technical, and business process and Identifying solutions that are within the scope of services offered.
- Tax preparation or accounting experience
- Experience working with computer networks & internet software
- Experience with technology testing, Citrix, networking, internet services, client server, SQL scripting, and database tables
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, conveying technical solutions to a non-technical audience.
- Establishing and managing business relationships with third-party providers, internal resources and customers.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Experience working in a help desk or customer support environment
- Experience working on tier 2 or 3 support teams
- Experience with Windows registry and application permission keys
- Experience using Salesforce Service Cloud (or similar case and knowledge management system)
- Experience in developing, documenting and delivering training courses.
- Experience in leading a team of consultants and managing projects.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Advanced desktop and mobile computing skills, working knowledge of internet browsing and searching
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Service orientation - high commitment to meeting needs of customers and colleagues
- Ability to diffuse and provide effective resolution to customer complaints
- Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple top priorities
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, collab