Comm Center Operations Specialist II
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
In the Operations Support Specialist II role, the incumbent acts as the primary point of contact for Residential, Residential Specialty, and Commercial (non-CBSS) Field Operations Technicians and as a liaison between or among customers, Field Operations, and internal business groups. He/she coordinates and monitors customer appointments to ensure a timely and excellent customer experience, provides technical troubleshooting support on equipment, work orders and other Cox technology, and assists technicians in correctly and efficiently completing service and installation work orders.
Progression from this level is based on a minimum of 1-year in the Operations Support Specialist I position, or equivalent experience, attainment of high level proficiency on identified competencies average in the prior 6 months, the ability to resolve complex problems effectively, independently and manage work autonomously as assessed by supervisor/manager observation.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Assists technicians with troubleshooting of all Residential, Residential Specialty, and Commercial (non-CBSS) on-site situations, resolves equipment issues and requests for additional assistance.
- Receives and coordinates same day (“Must Do” or sooner) and future appointment requests.
- Assesses the urgency of customer service needs (e.g., from customer service emergency calls) and escalates, as appropriate.
- Audits incomplete past due work orders and follows up to ensure that work orders are resolved (i.e., completed, cancelled, rescheduled) and closed within specified guidelines.
- Responds to customer calls and contacts customers regarding appointment verification, rescheduling of missed appointments, job move-ups and work order cancellations.
- Modifies work orders proactively or in response to feedback/changes from technicians or customers to correct errors or accommodate customer requests.
- Effectively uses error reporting mechanisms to provide leadership with feedback on work order accuracy.
- Provisions and troubleshoots equipment and/or telephone porting issues; escalates to appropriate levels (e.g., Tier 2, SOC, Customer Care, Center, etc.) for resolution as needed.
- Handles requests via digital platforms and phones
- Notifies technicians of specific issues related to system outages or problems that may affect their daily work flow
- Identifies and communicates potential hazards to technicians to ensure their safety in various conditions/situations
- Creates and follows through with UET and other ticketing types as necessary.
- Resolves problems to support technicians on a first call. When necessary, escalates problem to appropriate department for resolution and alerts technician of the escalation.
- Communicates and collaborates with internal boundary partners in a timely manner to solve problems and ensure customer needs are met.
- When required, documents actions taken on each call in ICOMS, applies credit adjustments (e.g., credit for failure to meet on-time guarantee, trouble call charges, etc.) and balances accounts.
- Attends job-related training that may include initial training, refresher training, product, service, and customer experience updates, and cross training.
- Reads and follows new or updated reference material/announcements pertaining to construction schedules, outages, promotions, programming changes, specials, policies, and other company business.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- 1+ or more years in Operations Specialist I role, or 2-5 years in equivalent role
- 2-5 years of experience performing troubleshooting over the phone in one or more of the following areas: video, data, or telephony technical support; hands on computer technical support (e.g., troubleshooting modem issues); equipment provisioning, and work order completion
- 1+ or more years’ experience using a Windows-based PC in a work setting
- 2+ or more years work experience performing troubleshooting over the phone in one or more of the following areas: video, data, or telephony technical support; hands on computer technical support (e.g., troubleshooting modem issues); equipment provisioning, and work order completion.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications (e.g., Outlook, Excel) in a work setting
- Knowledge of ICOMS billing system or equivalent
- Strong experience in a Customer Care or hospitality type environment desired
- Experience working in telecommunications industry preferred
- IT certifications
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.