Senior Financial Analyst:
Chubb is the worlds largest publicly traded property andcasualty insurer. With operations in 54countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualtyinsurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance andlife insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Responsible for the development, analysis, implementation,monitoring and maintenance of non-Workers Compensation data forreporting/submission to various Departments of Insurance, data collectionagencies and regulatory bodies in accordance with regulatory requirements. This includes executing and/or creating dataextracts to compile, analyze and research as needed and perform balancing andreconciliations to financial data as required. In addition, coordinate new or enhanced system development or productlines; act as a liaison among various departments and coordinate work effort toensure completion of projects independently or under minimal supervision.
Job Functions - include but are not limited to
- Implement external statistical plan changes byidentifying the revision, initiating contact with the proper internal areas,maintaining open communication and analyzing test data.
- Prepare and submit non-workers compensation datacalls to the appropriate regulatory authorities. Analyze data requirements for changes andimplement any resulting revision. Writeand execute data extracts from various source systems to support thepreparation of the data calls.
- Identifies data quality deficiencies, and theunderlying causes, and initiates corrective action which can result in greatercost effectiveness, improved management information and/or conformance toestablished data quality standards. Respond to any statistical agent data inquiries in accordance withdepartment standards.
- Monitors fluctuations in summarized statisticaldata to identify areas requiring further investigation and coordinates theresolution of significant deviations in the data.
- Assist the project lead in large corporateinitiatives ensuring that statistical reporting requirements are addressed.Includes representing the departments interest at large, multi-departmentalmeetings on an on-going basis and analyzing, responding and documenting testdata to various internal/external areas.
- Work with various regulatory authoritiesincluding the departments of insurance and/or statistical agents. Work with various internal departmentsincluding Office of General Counsel, Data Management and Actuarial.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 to 10 years analytical experience in thenon-Workers Compensation lines of business
- Strong work ethic with the ability to workindependently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skillswith the persistence to resolve them completely in a data intense environmentthat is results oriented
- Ability to handle multiple priorities withinstrict time constraints and possess the ability to identify and prioritize workload
- Broad knowledge of Chubb's processing systemsand lines of insurance
- Ability to successfully interact with internaland external customers and maintain productive relationships with all levels ofChubb personnel as well as external regulatory agencies
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Outlook, Word,Excel and Access
- Preferred Qualifications
o Working knowledge of Chubb Systems
o Ability to prepare programming specifications
o Working knowledge of Roscoe, SQL, COGNOS andQlikview