Requisition Number: PHYSI01320
MELE Associates, Inc. is seeking to add Physical Security Specialists to the MELE team supporting a key Department of the Navy Customer. The successful candidate will have experience interfacing with Navy/DoD civilian, contractor, and other entities in the safeguarding of classified information and materials. The contractor will receive, process, track, and inventory classified information and documents. This position is full-time and contingent upon contract award.
The Physical Security Specialist positions will be responsible for providing document control support services including database management, inventory control, conducting frequent inventories and inspections of all documents, media, receipts, transmittal forms, and the destruction of documents. Essential duties may include:
- Prepare transmittals and packages for mailing of classified material.
- Accepting registered mail packages addressed to the command security manager/NSWC PHD Security.
- Log and account for mail and notify intended recipients.
- Advise on transmission/transportation of classified material.
- Safeguard and account for all mail received until picked up by the intended recipient.
- Track security discrepancies related to mailing classified items.
- Provide database management and inventory control.
- Ensure proper handling and storage of all magnetic media including declassification and disposal in accordance with the appropriate Automated Data Processing Standard Operating Procedures (ADP SOP).
- Issue and maintain status accounting for courier cards and courier letters issued by the Command Security Manager, as well as notify courier card holders of pending card expiration.
- Maintain the combination envelopes and the database which tracks security containers and combination locks on vault doors or strong rooms.
- Review, validate, and track Portable Electronic Device (PED) authorization requests and verify that PED authorization supports mission essential activities.
- Ensure all visitors entering the building are aware of and enforce the policy by pointing out the list of prohibited items posted on the entry door and the visitor check-in desk.
- Review, validate, and track photography authorization requests. This includes the verification that photography authorization supports mission essential activities and scheduling training with the physical security officer for all individuals requesting photography permits.
- Prepare shredder authorization letters for approval by command security manager. This includes tracking authorization letters for approved shredders and assisting with unclassified shredder bins.
- Assist with inquiries and investigations through data gatherings and act as the liaison between coordinator and customer. Identify the requirements for initiation of Preliminary Inquiries (PI), provide PI documentation and examples to designated Preliminary Inquiry Officer (PIO), and track PIs to ensure required reports are delivered according to established policies and regulations, including Electronic Spillages, Counterfeit Materiel, and general security violations.
- Audit and inspect security containers and contents, change lock combinations, identify information security violations or infractions associated with security containers, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or college (Or, nine (9) years’ of professional experience in physical security systems).
- Five (5) years’ professional experience in physical security systems.
- Five (5) years’ professional experience in physical security systems, including being responsible for managing the physical security self-assessment and resource management programs, the planning and conducting of installation vulnerability assessments and physical security surveys, including the scheduling and conducting physical security audits and inspections. Also in maintaining a Physical Security Action, coordinating and maintaining an up-to-date Threat Assessment.
- An active DoD Secret security clearance.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Master’s degree from an accredited university or college in a closely related discipline.
- 7-10 years’ experience with Navy-Marine Corps physical security operations.
- An active Top Secret security clearance, with an SCI.