The Licensing function is responsible for leading the development, evaluation and licensing of new transmission and generation projects as well as coordinating the relicensing of existing projects and implementing new license conditions and settlement agreement obligations, including the construction of environmental and recreation enhancement projects.
- Make recommendations that will be used in the early phases of of development, evaluation and licensing of new transmission and generation projects as well as the relicensing of the hydro projects (9 MW – 2400 MW).
- Assist Director, Manager, Senior Licensing Specialist and Licensing Specialist in coordinating the work of outside consultants (monitor task completion, schedule and draft product reviews), Authority task forces and working groups to ensure timely preparation of acceptable license and permit application material and completion of implementation
- Draft sections of various licensing and implementation documents under the supervision of the Licensing Specialist, Senior Licensing Specialist and/or Licensing Manager
- Obtain information and documents that will be transferred between the Division and other NYPA departments.
- Assist in preparation of responses to regulatory agencies and the public and prepare responses where appropriate.
- Provide technical support for managing data and documents pertinent to stakeholder communication, project schedules, licensing issues, studies and expenditures.
- Identify/suggest training courses for personal development; make comments on developmental plans and make comments on own performance review.
- Work independently with minimal guidance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Authority, the utility and hydroelectric industry, power production and plant operational effects.
- Knowledgeable in standard regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to communicate with NYPA staff and consultants.
- Effective problem-solving skills. Ability to obtain, research and verify accuracy of data; analyze data, draw inferences and make recommendations regarding straightforward and some complex issues.
- Ability to maintain daily work priorities, plan assignments, and organize work with supervision.
- Ability to interact with all members/levels of the Licensing Division, as well as other NYPA Departments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proactive in achieving goals without being asked and performing the job with appropriate guidance.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Public Administration or Planning, Business Administration.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in one of the above disciplines.
- Approximately 10% travel primarily within NY State.No
- Expectation of at least 10% travel to various NYPA sites
The New York Power Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nearest Major Market: White Plains
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City