Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent – we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks – open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future—one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What’s in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
The Director, Business Architect plays a key role in designing and implementing strategies to improve efficiency. The person will align technical solutions with business needs and create a bridge between the strategic plan and the actually day-to-day function of the business. This role will become a catalyst for transformation and requires a motivated individual with a strong understanding of business needs and the Salesforce service/sales platform.
As the Director, Business Architect, you will design and maintain platform architecture in support of business strategy. You will focus on ensuring all viable options are objectively considered and balance business goals with technical architecture and project constraints to meet requirements.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of designing innovative solutions that offer measurable business value to internal and external clients.
- Create business models and roadmaps, and assess capability and process gaps between current and future states. Acts as liaison between business and technical experts when designing solutions through our sales/service platform and ensure they are working consistently to support the organization’s vision and strategy.
- Oversee in developing business requirements and functional designs
- Partner with the Senior Managing Director, Technology Services on planning design and development sprints including estimating capacity and level of effort
- Track, mitigate, escalate and remediate issues that arise through the Software Development Lifecycle
- Maintain knowledge on business and technology and platform trends that impact the business environment. Identify new projects or opportunities to help grow business
- Work across business and technical teams to ensure technology investment decisions enhance business capabilities and deliver on business needs
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
Who We Want
- 7-10 years in business architecture or business process design role
- Experience in implementing and using Salesforce sales/services platform
- Proficiency in modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Experience overseeing and/or participating in large, complex transformation projects
- Experience working on agile teams
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong presentation skills ability to communicate and influence effectively through verbal, written and visual communication
- Ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
- Strong understanding of the entire Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC) and agile principles and methodologies
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
**All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.**
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.