Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent – we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks – open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future—one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What’s in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
The Director, Payment Products is instrumental in driving the payments product vision, positioning, and to deliver reliable, competitive and innovative solutions. This position will remain focused on maximizing and realizing sales, revenues, expanding market share, and increasing profit margins, while supporting the Bank’s strategic goals. You will also participate in the management for all related vendor partners delivering payment products and services.
- Key contributor to all aspects of the payment product strategy and life cycle including all related product/service features, functionality, pricing, marketability and compliance with regulatory requirements. Leads life cycle analysis for growth and de-commissioning opportunities.
- Serve as the ‘voice of the customer’ for all payment products by interacting with clients, sales, branch administration, and all client facing staff to provide product knowledge/expertise, to obtain product feedback and to deliver solutions that meet or exceed client and market requirements.
- Manage external vendors including product requirements, performance, pricing and to provide business case recommendations to continue or replace when necessary. Participate in the negotiation of vendor contracts and obtain approval for execution, when required.
- Responsible for direct input of the payment product experience and partner to deliver a consistent and seamless experience across all customer access channels.
- Support Sales enablement by serving as one of the payment products subject matter experts, enhancing the Sales teams’ product knowledge, and participate in key client calls to demonstrate the banks expertise.
- In conjunction with Marketing, oversee the change management process by managing communications about new products and changes internally, as well as to clients and the general public, including client webinars, focus groups, mailings, e-mails, etc.
- Provide market intelligence to the Bank’s management on product information, pricing budget planning, business case development, etc.
- Represent the bank and participate in product and industry forums, committees and conferences.
- Work with partners in Legal, Credit Risk and Compliance on all matters related to Payments products to ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
Who We Want
- For this position, you must have at least 8 years of experience in Product Management with knowledge of payment products.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Knowledge and understanding of Payments products is required.
- Ability to effectively develop product requirements and lead Technology & Operations partners to deliver and support the payment product solutions. An understanding of agile methodologies is preferred.
- Understanding of product development, product life cycle, product profitability and associated regulatory and compliance guidelines. Strong business and financial analytical skills in order to conduct roadmap, profitability and business case analysis on new and existing products. Experience in onboarding new products, transitioning customers to strategic products and the decommissioning/retiring of expired products.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively and deliver presentations to clients, senior management or employees, and to contribute to industry publications.
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
**All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.**
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.