Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent – we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks – open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future—one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What’s in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
The Director of Banking as a Service Partnerships will lead cross-functional planning, implementation, and post implementation client servicing in support of Banking as a Service strategic partnerships for the Direct Banking Solutions Business Unit within Sterling National Bank. This role represents the single point of contact for all Banking as a Service Clients/Partners. Scope of support includes implementation planning, project management, reporting, communications, and client services. The incumbent must have an excellent understanding of best-practices regarding process, tools, and approaches to effectively manage bank implementations and must represent the bank in front of all BaaS clients. This individual will evaluate current approaches, improving upon what's working and filling in the gaps in areas that fall short. This person is responsible for driving the process beginning at deal scoping through the go-live date, and ensuring each project is well-managed, efficient, meets requirements, and results in successful onboarding. This position is also responsible for pipeline reporting, ongoing relationship management, key risk management controls and practices, working closely with Enterprise Risk and Audit. This is a highly-visible strategic role with significant interaction with cross-functional teams and senior leaders across the firm.
The incumbent of this role must demonstrate strong people leadership and teamwork skills and possess an aptitude for leading and influencing cross functional teams. This person must also have the ability to gather and analyze information to drive decisions and communicate them effectively to stakeholders throughout the organization. This position requires someone who will push the envelope and drive change in a collaborative way across the entire organization, and represent SNB in front of customers.
- Serve as the Single Point of Contact for all clients’ needs. Lead cross-functional planning, implementation, and post implementation client servicing in support of Banking as a Service strategic partnerships
- Create & Manage customized project plans for client implementations. Develop functional requirements documents to capture important details required to launch successful partnerships. Diligently maintain change-control documents and provide context on impacts to timeline. Produce & Maintain client-level launch timelines & calendars. Provide regular internal communications with updates of status of progress and any change to timelines. Take ownership of outstanding deliverables and ensure they are captured per the project plan.
- Provide strategic insights to internal organizational leaders on areas of improvement to the implementation process that can reduce time to go-live, remove internal and/or client friction, accelerate client's return on their investment. Capture functional requirements and bridge across IT/Digital, legal, risk, product, marketing, compliance and other functional teams to ensure successful onboarding/implementation. Establish key risk management controls and practices, working closely with enterprise risk and audit functions. Prepare go-live documentation including committee presentations.
- Assist Sales during the sales process with pre-implementation planning, including participating in key account presentations.
- Manage ongoing operational relationship management. Conduct relationship reviews and establish operational reporting. Facilitate ongoing issue response and resolution. Ensure day-to-day operations are running successfully.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
Who We Want
- 8-10 years of Program Management or Technical Product Management experience in the banking industry with a solid understanding of bank products and operations.
- Proven track record of successfully launching B2B2C technology solutions/products and services with geographically distributed teams in multi-vendor environments.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work on and track multiple projects simultaneously.
- Relevant and progressive experience project planning, leadership, and execution; with the demonstrated ability to interact/influence senior management and drive multiple high profile and complex projects simultaneously
- Relevant experience dealing with internal and external customers
- Financial Services industry experience preferred.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Self-starter with strong initiative and drive to complete tasks quickly, efficiently with the highest quality. Know our customers, their challenges, and how they deal with those challenges today (including through competitive products).
- Possess both strategic thinking capability and “hands on” project plan implementation experience. Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done and the next moment being part of deeply complex strategy discussion.
- Great Communication Skills – Strong communications, both verbally and written. Ability to influence others and establish/maintain collaborative relationships.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with cross functional teams.
- Excellent organization and planning skills ability to put processes in place to allow department to realize more efficiencies.
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
**All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.**
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.