At Owens & Minor, we are a critical part of the healthcare process. As a Fortune 500 company with 50+ facilities across the US and 18,000 teammates in over 90 countries, we provide integrated technologies, products and services across the full continuum of care. Customers—and their patients—are at the heart of what we do.
Our mission is to empower our customers to advance healthcare, and our success starts with our teammates.
Owens & Minor teammate benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, available on first working day
- 401(k), eligibility after 30 days of employment
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Development opportunities to grow your career with a global company
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collaborates with IT leadership and relevant teams to design, build, implement, maintain, and operate the full lifecycle of a portfolio of business applications for a healthcare company
- Develops and maintains relevant metrics to assess system and data integrity; including release planning, sprint planning, execution, quality, and cadence management
- Manages all IT applications including licensing, products, services, and regulatory compliance for both on premise and cloud offerings
- Vendor management, formalized oversight of vendor technology selection and integration and collaboration with strategic and tactical vendors
- Maintains proactive relationships with cross-functional teams, internal and external stakeholders.
- Supports IT leadership functions including annual planning, budgeting, status reporting, executive
- Leads the hiring, training, development, and organization of IT Applications Teammates and managers.
- Work with internal and external customers to drive digital transformation
- Performs additional duties as directed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree required; concentration in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field highly preferred
- 12 or more years of IT Applications experience; Applications Development experience preferred
- 5 or more years of IT people management experience
- Or any combination of relevant education and experience to meet the above requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of healthcare industry.
- Experience with provider-based claims & care management platform.
- A solid technical foundation, flexibility, ability and a passion for seeking and learning new technologies and ability to lead or participate in varied projects and teams.
- Experience working with a suite of IT applications, including transactional, middleware integration, workflow, business intelligence (BI), web-based, and relational database technologies (design and function)
- Experience with Cloud, Security, Infrastructure, and Data Architecture (Microsoft Azure and/or AWS).
- Understanding of SOA concepts and principles, including API-based messaging and integration technology functions.
- Exposure and familiarity with building mobile applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to anticipate future requirements and develop recommendations and proposals.
- Ability to prepares written and oral reports, project plans, task lists, timelines, resource assignments, and documentation effectively.
- Ability to build, coach and lead with a strong collaboration style to ensure engagement of a team.
- Skills in project management, network and data center operations, cloud or hosted services, knowledge of information and systems security applicable within your domain.
- Ability to participate in the development of policies, define and implement procedures and controls supporting policies.
- A strong leader who is proactive in seeking and driving high efficiency and quality with measurable results.
- Ability to lead effectively with cross-functional teams as well as with third party service providers and vendors.
- Strong understanding of leveraging technology solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin physical or mental handicap, disability, age or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era.
If you feel this opportunity could be the next step in your career, we encourage you to apply.
Owens & Minor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, disability, age, status as a veteran, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Note: Owens & Minor is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our Company via email, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our Company. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by our Company as a result of the referral or through other means.