Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career? Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent – we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks – open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future—one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What’s in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
The Technical Business Analyst is responsible for providing critical support to Technology Services and requires a motivated individual with a strong blend of business and data analyst skills.
In this role, you will help support a variety of new business initiatives and be part of an Agile (Scrum and Kanban) team partnering with various business stakeholders, technology groups, and data warehouse teams. The ideal candidate will challenge the status quo, be a self-motivated team player committed to data driven decision-making, organizing and centralizing information to promote reusability, and work closely with Product Managers.
- Work with the team lead to create business and functional requirements, data dictionary, business rules, and Epics and User Stories. Assist team with project, test and deployment plans, including detailed test cases and runbooks, executing test script and other activities.
- Document data requirements for bank products, including upstream and downstream impacts. Understand product data lineage and data governance framework to assist our Data team with when creating new data points to data feeds. Become a subject matter expert on bank product data including upstream and downstream impacts.
- Work with project team to identify and resolve issues that arise during projects or as part of day-to-day business operations. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks, and devise contingency plans.
- Work with development team to define and document existing application infrastructure and architecture.
- Communication across stakeholders; build, develop, and grow relationships with various groups that are vital to the department’s success.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
Who We Want
- 2 – 5 years of experience in a large complex banking organization or major consulting organization, with emphasis on banking products and technology, and acting in a business analyst role.
- Proficient in Data Analysis, SQL, Business Analysis Models, Process Analysis, and ability to research and document end to end flows on complex processes and systems.
- Application and System consolidation and migration experience preferred.
- Versed in various development methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile software development lifecycle.
- Reference Data and Data Governance experience preferred.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Technical background in integration, development, and/or infrastructure.
- Ability to dive deep in understanding the project goals, our business, and the competitive landscape
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills; Individual should be a creative thinker in a changing environment
- Ability to rapidly understand emerging trends and technologies and draw connections to current needs
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, capable of multitasking and prioritizing in a fast paced and agile work environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Highly adept in understanding how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal, written, and visual communication.
At Sterling National Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Sterling National Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
**All Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for any position and we will not consider F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders for employment opportunities.**
All offers for employment with Sterling National Bank are contingent on successful completion of background investigation, including drug and fingerprint screening.