Assistant Vice President Of Operations
dnata is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and flight catering services in 35 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 300 airline customers around the world. Each day, the company handles over 1,900 flights, moves over 8,500 tons of cargo, books over 16,000 hotel stays, and uplifts over 320,000 meals.
Reporting directly to the VP of Operations, He/ She will be a key member of the dnata operations team. The Assistant VP of Operations will be responsible for executing against a five-year Operations plan lead by the VP of Operations to continue to support the growth of dnata Group as well as addressing systems and process issues across the USA.
Overall management of daily operations as it relates to:
- As required provide oversight of the physical operations for our locations while transitioning General managers are identified and onboarded effectively.
- Communicate key insights, analysis, goals, objectives, and overall strategy to help to ensure all teams across the company are in sync with one another and working towards the same strategic corporate goals.
- Assist with the continuous improvement culture that engages employees and a team environment.
- Compliance; Ensure that procedures and methods related to the company operating standards related to Human Resources, Food Safety, and general EHS standards are met and maintained
- Work with General Managers to build, develop, and manage teams.
- In collaboration with the VP of Operation to identify high performers and develop management staff and recognize potential future leaders.
- Establish key reporting metrics across the Operations organization and develop effective strategies to achieve both corporate and functional goals.
- Maintain regular visibility and communication with the VP of Operations to ensure obligations are continuously being met and concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: while performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with 10 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of multi-site plant management experience.
- Ability to travel overseas two to three times a year.
- Ability to travel domestic up to 75% of the time for unit openings and continuous support.
- Must be able to travel for periods of six weeks during unit openings.
- Prefer a hospitality background, but will consider other food manufacturing.
- Strong people development and oversight.
- Strong leadership abilities to ensure key department managers collaborate and communicate effectively.
- Well-versed in process improvement methodologies.
- Manufacturing experience and/or Food Processing industry a plus.
- Working knowledge of HACCP and FDA compliance.
- Financial management and Leadership skills.
- Effective employee relations skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to solve quality-related problems.
- Ability to deal with a variety of compliance situations and continuous improvement.
- Knows and follows all safety requirements; strives to maintain a safe work environment.
- Must be able to work various shifts, including weekends and holidays.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are fundamental to creating a strong workplace and community. At dnata, we’re proud that our workforce is as diverse as the customers we serve. And we’re committed to nurturing your talent with mentoring, volunteer and professional development opportunities. We welcome everyone. Our employee resource groups are one of the many ways we champion diversity and inclusion at dnata.