Requisition Number: NURSE01190
- Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients.
- Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed.
- Performs a complete physical exam and records findings. Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Synthesizes data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan utilizing principles of preventions.
- Administers medical and injections according to physician direction. Sutures minor lacerations.
- Evaluates and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention and makes recommendations as needed.
- Interprets tests and examination results under the direction of a physician.
- Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Provides patient education as needed.
- Maintains and reviews patient’s records and other pertinent information.
- Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultations.
- Manages medical and surgical emergencies.
- Must be knowledgeable of EMR (Athena).
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
- Must demonstrate current competencies applicable for the position.
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practice, and medical care to give and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of organizations policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care.
- Skill and knowledge in taking medical history to assess medical conditions and interpret findings.
- Skill in preparing and maintain records, writing reports and responding to correspondence.
- Skill in developing and maintain department quality assurance.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stress in emergency situations and irregular hours.
BSN required; MSN preferred.
Successful completion of advance practitioner training and certification as a practitioner (general or specialized) from an approved nurse practitioner program.
Licenses and Registrations
Current state Registered Nurse Licensure
Current CPR Registration