Perform assigned work in preparing and serving food, cleaning food service areas,
equipment and utensils.
- Performs job duties safely as specified in the physical, sensory, and mental
- Prepares patient trays according to instructions and diet order.
- Assists in preparation and portioning of meal items according to menu and diet
- Covers, dates, and labels leftovers and open items properly.
- Employs proper food handling techniques in preparation of food and setting up or
- Cleans, washes, and sanitizes dishes, silverware, and utensils using correct
- Assists in maintaining the general cleanliness of the dishwashing area.
- Cleans work area and equipment as assigned.
- Puts up stock in food storage areas, including dry storage, freezers, and
refrigerators, as assigned.
- Delivers food, nourishments, and supplies to nursing units and other areas as
Education/Training: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- D.A ((Americans with Disabilities Act)(as amended)) REQUIREMENTS: Must be
able to bend, stoop, push, pull, and walk and stand for most of the working day. Requires
manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as fax, telephone,
etc. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Must be free from communicable
diseases that pose a “direct threat“ to the health or safety of others and which cannot be
eliminated by a reasonable accommodation. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50
pounds, and be able to carry and transport supplies. Must be able to pass a post-offer, preemployment
physical health examination as a condition of employment. Must be capable
- f performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable
Skill(s): Must possess proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills;
proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills; decision-making skills, basic
computer skills; and be able to operate various medical and/or office equipment. Must
demonstrate knowledge of safety techniques. Must be able to communicate in English,
both verbally and in writing, and possess sufficient communication skills to perform the
Experience: Experience in dietary department, large volume food preparation and