Linde plc. is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. Linde produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Our products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.praxair.com.
Linde Gases North America is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to join our team located in Medford, OR.
The primary focus of the person in this role is to lead a multi-disciplined team that maintains facilities, process equipment, and support systems within Electronics and Premium Products plants.
- Maintain plant equipment and facilities to support 24X7 manufacturing operations.
- Directly supervise team of multi discipline maintenance professionals, applying world class maintenance standards and techniques, resulting in highest achievable performance and safety standards.
- Interact with engineering, laboratory, and operations staff to ensure new products and projects are executed with maintainable designs.
- Train and lead individuals on all routine maintenance activities (including maintenance scheduling [Maximo], spare parts inventory control, process shutdowns, and production staff interaction) with only occasional management/engineering support.
- Periodic reporting of overall plant equipment performance and maintenance group performance using industry recognized metrics (e.g. equipment availability, life cycle analysis).
- Periodic reviews and professional development of maintenance staff, in conjunction with next level plant management.
- Root cause analysis and continuous improvement approach to maintenance practices, supporting long term improved system/process performance.
- Monitor and assure high standards of performance of contractors hired to perform work that exceeds the capabilities or expertise of the maintenance team at the plant. Ensure that all internal Linde safety requirements are adhered to by the contractors.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, an AS degree or equivalent, plus depth of experience to train and lead a team in a world class chemical manufacturing facility, typically 10 years of experience. Additional years of relevant maintenance and leadership experience (e.g. 15 years or more) may be substituted for AS degree on a case by case basis.
- Must have demonstrated experience and ability to trouble shoot, repair, and maintain all of the following 1) mechanical systems, 2) electrical systems, and 3) gas/fluid/hydraulic systems.
- Must be capable up routinely lifting a minimum of 50 lbs
- Must have a proven track record of leading and supervising people.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.