The XCEL Group is currently looking for Maintenance Mechanics for our client in Wheeling, IL, a manufacturer of items for the food industry.
Due to substantial growth, the addition of new machines, the needs are immediate. These are first shift positions, 7 am - 3:30 pm, Monday - Friday with OT. Saturdays will be required as needed, non-peak season 5 1/2 hours; peak season 8 hours.
· Must be able to work with voltages up to 480
· PLC experience
· Punch press experience, packaging machine experience would be great but are not a requirement
· Industrial mechanic experience
· Ability to read schematics
· Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair maintenance equipment and other types of electronic controls on various types of equipment found throughout the plant.
· Bi-lingual is a plus
The Xcel Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.