Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Our Quantity surveying Team at RLB proactively manage the cost of a building project from the initial design stages through to the building’s completion and sometimes the costs incurred through maintenance and operation, once the building is up and running. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service to our clients and enjoy long term relationships with a large majority.
We are a sector focused business actively operating and investing in Commercial, Residential, Education, Sports, Healthcare, Nuclear and Retail clients and projects. Surveyors work in close contact with the client advising them on procurement, financial and legal matters that arise during the project.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a client focused team based in Weybridge. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen our Quantity Surveying team and help to deliver a top class service for an important key client.
The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and financial performance on a variety of exciting projects ranging up to £20m in value as part of a major programme of works.
- The individual will be an integral part of a team that is accountable for the commercial and contractual performance of a project
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established commercial/procurement/ contractual strategies
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- Individually or as part of a team operate processes for the selection, appointment and management of construction and engineering contractors
Cost Planning including:
- Preparation of indicative cost budgets and appraisals
- Preparation of elemental cost plans
- Provide advice and opinion in respect of our client development plans and expectations
- Value engineering studies
- Providing advice on procurement strategy
- Assembling and seeking agreement to long and short tender lists
- Preparing and issuing tender documents.
- Running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering contractors
- Managing and contributing to structured and documented tender evaluations
- Preparation of Contract Recommendation Reports
- Preparation of contract documents
- Complaint tender
Post Contract Quantity Surveying including:
- Scrutinising and verifying applications for interim payments
- Preparing certificates
- Managing change control in accordance with contracts
- Producing cost reports and cost forecasting
- Assisting Project Managers in preparing Early Warnings, Instructions and Compensation Events
- Attending progress meetings
- Promote commercial awareness throughout project
- Support formal dispute resolution process and contract close out strategy as required
- Advising and liaising with internal project and cost control team
- Developing commercial Strategies as part of wider team
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline
- Desire to become MRICS
- Strong technical delivery experience
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
- Strong Feasibility and cost planning experience
- Experience of providing procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
- Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
- Able to build long-term relationships
- Previously employed by a consultancy or end user client
- Stakeholder management with a clear focus on developing client accounts
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
With 600 UK staff and 3,600 worldwide Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.
We are an award winning leading independent firm providing our clients with some of the most comprehensive and forward-thinking advice available.
We offer a range of complementary quantity surveying, project management, building surveying and advisory services from conception, through design and construction and operational performance of facilities to their eventual disposal or reuse.
Our clients have rapid access to the latest industry intelligence and innovations, which serve to enhance value and mitigate risk.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
We are committed to developing new services and techniques aimed at enhancing our clients' businesses in the long term.