Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking a DevOps Intern to join our 2020 Summer Internship Program. In this role, you will participate with the rest of the Analytics Engineering team to build and operate the Earth Intelligence platform.
About the team
The engineering team builds and operates the underlying services that make up the platform & ecosystem. The services we build & deploy are highly robust & scalable, they move and manage petabytes of satellite imagery, and they enable 3rd party developers to build & deploy algorithms on our platform. The system is built on top of Amazon Web Services, and we focus on ease of use, simplicity, and execution. Maxar's close partnership with AWS enables us to use cutting-edge alpha software and early releases.
- Monitor and support core services
- Manage build and deployment processes
- Develop monitoring systems including metrics, and alarms
- Manage production deployments
- Work closely with technical support to escalate issues
- Contribute to testing efforts
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be a rising Sophomore or higher pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 'Make-it-happen' attitude, the innate capacity for ownership and timely delivery of results in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to monitor and debug a very large complex system of services
- Familiar with principles of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Familiar with a variety of databases and data storage technologies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with build CI/CD systems like Jenkins, Travis or TFS
- Experience with source control systems especially GIT
- Experience with deployment technologies like:
- Experience in professional software development teams
- Experience in deploying and maintaining web based services
- Experience with system automation
- Experience with systems administration
- CloudFormation templates
- Cloud Foundry
- Postgres or other RDBMS experience
- NoSQL experience
- Experience with AWS CloudWatch
- Proficient in Bash, Ruby, and Python
- Experience with Linux operating systems
Click here for more information on what intern life at Maxar is all about!
MAXAR Technologies offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.