Sr. Product Quality Engineer (Based in Los Angeles, Newark, CA or Camas, WA)
- Seeking a Product Quality Engineer, based on the west coast at one of Logitech’s design centers (Westlake Village, or Silicon Valley, CA or Camas, WA) who can represent Logitech’s Streamers and Creators’ design assurance/risk management and drive Quality System compliance, which may include Design Assurance, Regulatory Compliance, Reliability, SPC, CAPA. This position will interface closely with Logitech’'s CDMs and SZ Factory.
- Coordinate and support activities related to implementing new or revised design validation procedures (xVT) and standards. Contribute to the establishment, implementation, maintenance, and improvement of the quality management system, and provide technical contributions in a team environment. Must be fluent in English, Chinese Mandarin is a plus.
- Support the Product Quality Assurance function supporting product development, manufacturing and sustaining engineering teams
- Manage, Measure and Monitor the performance of new system processes to ensure viability. Make adjustments and redirect as needed.
- Identify quality characteristics and validation criteria for finished devices and accessories
- Take full responsibility of ensuring the integration of quality for all design control activities including design inputs, design and development planning, design reviews, design verification and validation
- Ensures quality risks are mitigated by driving risk management activities including authoring risk management plans, interfacing with, facilitating and mentoring engineers on system risk assessments and FMEAs
- Lead the selection of statistical analyses and sample size for design verification and validation and other qualification and acceptance testing
- Lead the successful transfer of products from development to manufacturing while supporting product quality from cradle to grave.
- Plan, organize, direct, and coordinate quality related functional activities to meet schedule and report progress to leadership
- Interface with Customers, Suppliers, Engineering, Supply Management, Manufacturing, Global Quality and other teams across the organization both to lead Supplier Development efforts, and to resolve quality problems and provide information, through formal written reports and/or presentations/briefings
- Drive continuous improvement in combination product and device-related quality systems and business processes
- Collaborate with other PQA, Engineering, and other organizations within Logitech and external to author policies and procedures.
- Lead in creating and continuously improving quality system processes across CDMs and Logitech's Suzhou Factory.
- 5+ years of Product Quality experience or equivalent developing and launching high volume consumer electronics products working with both Design Engineering and Manufacturing
- Education: BS or higher degree in engineering, or similar
- Dynamic, highly motivated and self-directed leader with strong leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills. Must be able to lead teams and promote change.
- Must be a team player and possess strong oral and written communication skills. Must be Fluent in English, Chinese Mandarin is a plus
- Effective collaborator, experienced in creating technical partnerships with cross functional teams and Manufacturing.
- Project Management experience driving new initiatives, and credibly leading cross-functional teams through change, and toward quality goals
- Able to review and interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Ability to analyze and present easy to understand data to effectively show trends
- Able to analyze and provide feedback on Engineering Validation Tests of other functional teams (ME, EE, RF, FW, TDE)
- Able to analyze and provide feedback on all proposed PQA lead’s Design Validation Tests (Peer/Mentor Check)
- Able to analyze and provide feedback on Design Validation Tests of other functional teams (ME, EE, RF, FW, TDE)
- Ability to comfortably pull data, perform analysis, and drive toward data-supported conclusions and solution
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, ability to troubleshoot/problem solving skills/root-cause analysis
- Travel required (>5%)
Desired Additional Skills
- Knowledge of consumer audio, camera, control and/or lighting products
- Experience with consumer electronics
- Familiar with various manufacturing materials/methods
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.