The Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM) organization, which includes the Fraud Risk Management operations group (FRMO), is a part of Corporate Risk Management. FCRM's goals are to safeguard the firm's assets and make Charles Schwab the most trusted leader in the financial industry. The Fraud Operations & Investigations group consists of several teams that investigate potential fraud against our clients. The teams report matters to law enforcement, state regulators and Adult Protective Services agencies; review and analyze suspicious activity to determine emerging fraud trends; recover funds lost from custody; and file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
The Westlake based Fraud Risk Management Operations Sr. Specialist, plays a role within the Fraud Risk Management Operations (FRMO) group of the Financial Crimes Risk Management Organization (FCRM). The Primary Responsibility for this position is to handle operational functions for the FCRM fraud investigations teams including Visa & Check Fraud Investigations (VCFI), Fraud Investigations (FI), Advisor Services Fraud Investigations, and Senior Vulnerable Investigations (SVI).
What you're good at
As a Fraud Risk Operations Sr. Specialist you will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate and strengthen the relationships with business partners that FRMO interacts with.
- Drive the content development process for meeting presentations, consulting with business partners to ensure information is relevant, actionable and enables greater FCRM effectiveness.
- Assist in addressing and resolving low and high level client investigation escalations.
- Process monthly write-offs and general leger reconciliation.
- Create and compile daily, weekly and monthly reports that are utilized by the leadership team.
- Visa chargeback processing for funds recovery due to fraud.
- Processing credits to our clients for losses due to fraud.
- Assist in the training and coaching of individuals within the group when needed.
- Support team members with their work when the need arises.
- Procedure management and writing.
- Provide direct support to the Director and Managers of the department as needed.
What you have
- 1 – 4 years operational experience working in a fraud, compliance or risk environment within the financial services industry or financial investigations experience in law enforcement
- Demonstrated ability to make risk-based, informed decisions while working in a regulatory and/or criminal investigations environment
- Ability to analyze issues and develop problem solving methodology with minimal guidance
- Proven success working cooperatively with peers and other business units
- Knowledge with general ledger balancing and clean up
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and MS OutlookHighly effective skills in the management of personal workloads and multitasking with an emphasis on producing high quality work with minimal errors in a demanding environment.