Router - (10517)
AmeriGas Propane is the nation's largest propane distributor, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural and motor fuel propane customers in all 50 states. AmeriGas is listed on the New York stock exchange [NYSE: APU]. For more information visit our website at www.amerigas.com
The Westlake Router will be responsible for optimizing the distribution of propane and the scheduling and routing of drivers in centrally supported locations. The router will work closely with field operations to improve efficiencies with deliveries, as well as resource and demand planning; will communicate processes that maintain high customer service levels and improve the Regions’ cost competitiveness by creation of efficient routes that meet / exceed delivery metrics. This will be accomplished by maximizing the utilization of assets, tools (AmeriMobile and route optimization) and human resources.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues efficiently and professionally.
- Previous experience using routing tools to drive efficiency in deliveries and route planning
- Excellent customer service skills
- Understanding of general geography and ability to read maps
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build base routes for drivers in centrally supported locations while adhering to the distribution standard operating procedures. Together with field operations work through geographical issues that may cause inefficient routes.
- Routes are to be completed and kept current so the District has continuous visibility to the weekly workload
- Routes are to be maintained in a manner that will allow the driver to return to the plant with sufficient time remaining for him/her to load his truck for the following day.
- On a daily/weekly basis, review and optimize route schedules to meet current company benchmarks and district goals
- Reassign undelivered orders from previous day/week’s routes and change or make additions to routes as needed due to dynamic conditions
- Work with field operations to ensure all customers requiring a pre-route call have been notified of the upcoming delivery
- Make recommendations to field operations regarding drivers and trucks needed weekly, to ensure cost savings, reduce low fuels and OOGs, and increase efficiencies
- Provide reporting on previous day’s routes to assist field operations with adherence to the process, improving driver efficiency, ultimately resulting in improved customer experience.
- Work with field operations and the Distribution Department to cleanup aged orders, customer master data, and fixed cycles
- Perform other Routing duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Great communication skills
- Analytical mindset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Routing knowledge and capabilities
- Demand forecasting
- Scheduling capabilities
- Route optimization knowledge
- Capacity Management
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Must be able to work between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Education and Experience required:
- 2 or more year’s routing/logistics experience
- Associates degree preferred