This person is a supervisor responsible for providing consumer and market insights and actions to address clients' business questions. This is through the ownership of the relationship and shopper insights programs for internal business teams and through the management of Analysts and/or Senior Analysts to execute well-designed qualitative and quantitative research programs and learning agendas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead all aspects of market research and shopper insights for assigned client teams/business units (Product Management, Creative, SAM teams, Sales, Marketing, Executive Leadership).
- Apply business knowledge to lead internal clients to form their business questions then develop research plans based on business needs. Counsel clients on research expectations and identify areas where research can impact business goals as outlined in business plan.
- Develop RFP,and make final determination of research design and methodology after evaluating and selecting vendors based on best fit and available budgets.
- Conduct primary data analysis and interpretation to summarize findings and recommendations as needed using SPSS and other applicable software tools.
- Supervise, train and coach Analysts and Senior Analysts on research methods, effective project management and client consultation.
- Oversee research project completion encompassing accuracy, effectiveness, timeliness and cost.
- Transform shopper insight into recommended business strategy.
- Present shopper insights and implications to all levels of internal and retail customer management. Coach internal clients in the proper use of specific insights in making business decisions.
- Determine staff priorities and workload alignments.
- Ensure professional development of assigned staff with clear objectives and developmental plans.
- Participate in cross-functional teams representing the shopper insights department.
- May oversee secondary research process, including license utilization.