United States of America
HMA03: ISR Systems - Westford HO 7 Technology Park Drive, Westford, MA, 01886 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
The Systems Engineering Group is looking for a Principle Engineer, with a background in being a hands-on lead systems engineer, for the development of state of the art airborne remote sensing systems.
These sensor systems utilize state of the art optics, navigation systems and control systems. The main responsibilities include:
- Lead the systems engineering effort on an ISR program from the requirements phase though the test phase.
- Develop system-level requirements
- Develop system-level test plans and procedures
- Execute test system-level procedures, perform data analysis and write test reports
- Support off-site testing, including System Integration Lab and Flight tests
Detailed Skill Requirements:
- Candidate must have 10+ years of experience with Systems Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in leading the systems engineering effort in a technical capacity on projects with significant scope and complexity.
- Strong system design and performance analysis; system engineering with an understanding of requirements generation and product/project prioritization, aerospace and defense industry.
- Experience in technical management, technical leadership of a multifaceted engineering team.
- US Citizenship.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in appropriate disciple and 10 years of experience or an advanced degree in the appropriate disciple and 7 years of experience. In the absence of a degree 14 years of relevant experience is required.
- Working knowledge of DOORS - requirements management tool.
- Experience in all phases of system development.
- Software development experience.
- Optomechanical engineering experience.
- Project leadership experience with track record of driving tasks to closure.
- Proficient communication skills with ability to facilitate communications between multiple engineering disciplines.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibilities. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of the benefits in our competitive package include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.