Late Stage Collections Specialist, I
Carrington maintains the necessary infrastructure to ensure stability and maximize value during any market cycle. We are a fully integrated mortgage company supporting our customers by providing a broad range of real estate services encompassing nearly all aspects of single family residential real estate transactions in the United States.
Our Mortgage Servicing platform has continued to grow by focusing resources on excellent execution of our key competencies, including customer service, delinquency management, default management, loan administration, analytics and investor reporting – all while preserving home ownership and providing world-class servicing. We’re always building our mortgage business with our customers in mind. Join us.
The Loan Counselor I counsels borrowers on methods for bringing their loan current and/or exploring alternative solutions. This level of Loan Counselor may need to escalate borrowers with loan workout or loan modification needs to a higher level Loan Counselor.
What you’ll do:
- Evaluates and helps determine the borrower’s ability to pay, and collects appropriate financial information in a courteous and professional manner, striving for first-call resolution and in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Counsels borrowers on their options through education of alternative solutions.
- Contacts borrowers, utilizing an automated dialing system (Aspect Dialer) for both inbound and outbound calls and conducts manual outbound calls.
- May need to escalate borrowers to a licensed Loss Mitigation associate for specific workout details.
- Assist with loan servicing website payments, denied access, password resets.
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- Tactful and Friendly. You’re a charismatic person who takes pride in great customer service.
- Agile and Resourceful. You effortlessly shift gears and come up with workable solutions to problems.
- Ambitious and Driven. You have a competitive spirit to be #1, and love exceeding goals to achieve success.
What you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Less than one (1) year collections experience in a customer service/call center environment and /or loan servicing experience
- Experience in the Banking, Mortgage/Loan Servicing industries preferred
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive compensation with incentive bonus plans
- Excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 10 days of paid vacation in the first year, not including sick time or floating holidays
- Access to several fitness, restaurant, retail (and more!) discounts through our employee portal;
- Customized training programs to help you advance in your career.
- Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
- And a philanthropic workforce that supports causes year-round through the Carrington Charitable Foundation.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.