Do you have experience working with machines in the fabric industry? Are you looking for a new position that will allow you to develop your skills and grow? Do you do your best work when you are hands on? We are currently hiring skilled machine operators to do light set up machine operation in a local production facility in Westerly, RI.
ResponsibilitiesDraws in yarn from each warp following drafts or design pattern to accomplish
required fabric sequence pattern, combs ends to straighten before tying.
1. Assists fixers in starting troublesome machines, and records tie-in onto log sheet.
1. Patrols front and back alley of machines, inspects for processing defects or
malfunctioning mechanical parts on machine, stops, repairs and restarts machine after
correcting defect cause. If a mechanical problem is observed, notifies Utility Fixer or
1. Checks each of the three tension meters, verifying proper tension and number of
yarns requiring measurement, records warp tension readings onto report sheet.
1. Inserts shift markers every two hours starting at shift change.
1. Inserts shift markers at every doff, one into either side of web, one foot from the cut
mark, inserts markers indicating drop stitches.
- High School
- Years of experience: 1 year
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 11 PM - 7 AM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.